Chapter 35

It felt like it was many years ago. Bai Fu and Chief Peony had taken a stroll back to the floral pavilion where the young sprite had wandered to back when the late Floral Goddess was still alive. It was still as beautiful as she had remembered. 

The two women were both silent, side by side on the way there.

What should Bai Fu say? She felt so out of place at the moment as she walked beside the Chief. Plus, knowing that she was the one to banish the young sprite from the Floral realm didn't make the situation easier.

"I-"

"Bai Fu-"

Both women were startled from each other, but Chief Peony smiled and allowed her to say her thoughts first.

"I'm sorry that I've come back to the Floral realm."

The older women stopped her from walking. "No Bai Fu. I am sorry."

Bai Fu was surprised to see Chief Peony tearing up a bit, her eyes glistening. "I shouldn't have left you in the Mortal realm."

"Why did you leave me? I was only a child," the sprite asked finally. Bai Fu feared the answer.

"It was a request from the late Floral Goddess. If she were to die, you should be sent to the Mortal realm."

Bai Fu pulled away from the chief. "I should be sent? What for?!"

"Bai Fu please calm down."

"Calm down? Is it because of her daughter? I know you lied about the date of her death too."

Chief Peony stood in shocked so she carried on. "I know I was a child, but I wasn't completely stupid. Did you think I would bring some sort of danger to Jin Mi?"

"It wasn't like that..."

"Was it though?"

"Bai Fu, you are the daughter of the White Healing Lotus. At the state of how the Floral realm was at, we needed to protect Jin Mi and you from the Heavenly realm."

The lotus sprite scoffed saying, "Well, that plan went well."

"Please listen," Chief Peony begged her. "Do you still have you're sleeping spells?"

Bai Fu slowly nodded.

"With the late Floral Goddess gone, the only way for you to recover is through the Mortal realm's waters. We really didn't want to leave you there, but it was the only way as the Floral realm went under lock down."

The young lotus sprite was speechless.