Chapter 12

What?! Why would the Heavenly Empress want to meet her? Was it because she had affiliated herself with her son? But that wouldn't make sense. If this masked man was under the Heavenly Empress, why would she order him to harm her own blood son?

Bai Fu had to think rationally. Clearly the man would not let her go, but if she didn't go with him... the sprite wouldn't go unscathed.

"Okay. I'll come with you, but on one condition," she said letting her guard slowly down.

The man cloaked in black slowly lowered his guard as well. "What will be your condition?"

Perfect.

Bai Fu quickly chanted a spell forming her hands into the lotus symbol. Her spiritual powers surge from her body in streaks of light towards the man.

Before he could react, a silvery barrier grew from the ground completely entrapping him preventing him from leaving the area. He slammed his fist onto it when his sword couldn't cut through it.

"This?!" The masked man was in shock.

"Don't worry about it. This magical barrier is only temporary. It'll just give me enough time to get away from you. You can go tell your Heavenly Empress that if she wants to meet me, she should come to me herself."

She slowly starts to back up watching the masked man struggle to escape the barrier, and then she ran.

Bai Fu didn't know how long her spell could hold, but the sprite would rather take her chances to get away from it than to wait and see.

The tired sprite didn't know how long it takes to get to the capital from Liang Guo. So far she didn't sense the presence of the man in black. She hoped that he was still entrapped within her sphere.

Currently, Bai Fu was looking for the dirt road that leads to the village. She suddenly hears horses and the rattling sound of a carriage to her left. Maybe that's where the dirt road was?!

The sprite used the last bit of her energy to trudge through the leaves and branches to reach outside of the forest. Unfortunately for her, the sprite trips on a root and falls carelessly onto the ground in front of the carriage. Oh no...

Immediately the carriage jolted to a quick stop with the horse neighing. Bai Fu had closed her eyes too tired to move. At least it didn't hit her.

"Are you alright?"

"Jin Mi, you shouldn't talk to someone suspicious... We have to go quickly."

The fallen sprite was still trying to catch her breath. Bai Fu probably did look pretty suspicious. She could here the two people that spoke come near her which caused to her get up hurriedly. 

It was quite funny to Bai Fu. The two that had spoken were women. One had a veil while the other had a hat veil. It was funny because she was also concealing her face with a mask.

"Are you hurt? I am the Saintess of the Holy Healer Tribe. This is Qiang Huo. If you are hurt, I can be some assistance for you."

Bai Fu bowed. She has heard of the Holy Healer Tribe. They were quite famous with their healing abilities and knowledge of medicine. It was said that the Saintess's purpose was to aid the King of this nation, King Yi. If he were to be ill, she would be there to heal him. But if he were to die... The Saintess would die as well and be buried with him. 

"Ah thank you, but I am alright. I just have fallen from a root. I am Baihe."

"It is fortunate that we did not hit you Baihe. Are you on your way to somewhere?" The veil hat was quite intimidating for Bai Fu. She was very curious to how the Saintess of the Holy Healer Tribe looked like.

"I'm on my way to the capital."

"We are too! Ah, I mean, if you would like you can ride with us. It'll be much easier that going by foot."

"Saintess... We do not know if this person is safe," Qiang Huo stated worriedly. 

"It's okay. If you don't mind, you may ride in the wagon behind," the Saintess graciously offered to Bai Fu.

"Thank you!"

It was very much easier arriving to the capital on a wagon than by foot. When they arrived at the gate, the two parties fare welled each other.

As she strolled along the streets, people gave her pointed looks as she passed by.

Bai Fu was dressed suspiciously. Even that maiden beside the Saintess was suspicious of her.

She needed a change of clothes... After browsing through the busy streets, the sprite entered a silk and clothing shop.

It was very beautiful inside. Silks of all textures and colors decorated the walls and ceiling. Many hanfus of both genders were displayed everywhere around the shop.

The front desk was long and had a jewelry display parading all kinds of it in gold, silver, pearl, and jade. There were many hair ornaments as well.

She looked around touching some fabrics and hanfus. No one seemed to be present...

"Do you need some assistance?"

Behind her!

Bai Fu jumped up in fright and clutched her bag to her chest. She was faced with a feminine yet handsome jade-face man grinning at her reaction.

His grin somewhat reminded her of a snake.

The man chuckled a bit before apologizing, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you miss."

A took a minute for her to reply. This was no ordinary man...

"I was just looking..."

The mysterious man moved his head around to observe her face while she avoided eye contact. What the heck?

"I guess you do need clothes," he said after overlooking her whole outfit. He gestured her to follow him. "Would you like a veil as well?"

"Ah, yes please." He gave her a small smile.

"I wonder why a young woman like you would be dressed this way?"

"I wonder why a young man wants to know my private affairs?"

The handsome man chuckled again. "Wait right here. I'll bring the clothing right out."

He went inside a room behind the desk. After a few minutes, he brought out a beautiful light blue hanfu with a white veil.

"Wow! Are you sure this is for sale? It looks too valuable..." The sprite touched the silk fabric then her bag... She didn't have a lot.

He must have seen her motion since he put a hand on his chin in thought and said, "If you tell me what deity you are I'll give them to you for free."

Bai Fu's eyes widen as she pointed at him. "You-!"