Chapter 2: After School

I sat there just waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting, school was almost over and the idea of going to detention has got me paranoid. I hate detention. It's no fun (duh) we don't even do work. All we do is sit there, sit there, sit there, sit there and sit there, and boy can I tell you. I'm good at getting bored, when I'm not aloud to talk or move, I want to talk and move. Also I'm going to get yelled at by my mother. That's worse then doing nothing.

So my mother doesn't beat me or anything but she has away with words. What she says to me kills me inside and I have no father to turn to because my father died in a care wreck about 3 years ago.

That's how I met Mark. The police came to my door and I answered it. Everyone thought I looked a lot older then i was at that age so the police officer though i was his oldest daughter. So, the man told me and walked off. At that moment i was suicidal, I called my mom with the house phone and told her what happened. In response, I was told that I was a lying little b**c that needed to go to hell. It wasn't until recently that i realized that my mom was a drunk stripper that my father married because of his wants to settle down. 

But when my so call mother said that to me, I ran out the house crying. While I was running to who knows where a boy who seemed to be older than me, chased me down and made me tell him what was wrong. At the time it was real creepy and in a way it still is but i think it was sweet. It really was

But ever since we have been best friends. And I'm grateful for him.

I decided it was time I finished my work instead of staring off into space. I picked up my pencil and looked at my paper. It was for a project. 'Music Project:' is what it read. "Yes." I whispered. Music is probably my main obsession, I've always loved it, and now i get to do a project on it. Why are we doing a music project in English, now that I'll never know.

I probably shouldn't get so excited yet, reading the directions will help me actually know what I'm doing but either way I'm excited.

'You may choose a partner: Choose a genre of music or singer or band and do research on it. Ounce done with your research you must right a 3 paper essay on your choice and present to the class' 

Well that wasn't many instructions. Does it really matter, i mean you know what they say "Less instruction, more freedom". 

Who will i work with. I'm not the most social person in this school so finding a partner want be easy. That's a light bulb went off in my brain. Mark's friend, Bruce, is in this class. He's not a close friend and that's mostly because I don't know him well. But what I do know is he plays a guitar and likes music so we should get along for this project. Right?

I looked over my shoulder and saw him looking around for a partner to. That makes two of us. Now all he needs to do is look this way. "Walk this way, Talk this Way." I couldn't help but start humming 'Walk this Way' by Aerosmith. I smiled to my self.

Bruce turned his head and looked in my general direction. Well its now or never. I looked up and smiled. He gave me a confused look, then his eye's lit up in realization. He smiled back then got up and walked my way.

"Wan't to be partners?" Bruce asked me. "Yes." I answered quietly, I don't know why but for some reason people make me nervous if I don't know them well. 

"What band do you want to do? I know your mark friend and he has good taste in music, so I'm going to trust your opinion." Bruce told me with a big grin plastered on his face. "We should probably write our names on the paper first?" I said more quietly then the first time. "Quit acting like I'm about to kill you. It's not like we haven't met before." Bruce chuckled.

"Sorry, I just don't know you well that's all." I told him, he playfully nudged me and sat down on my desk. A small smile formed on my lips. Maybe getting to know more people wouldn't to bad? Bruce seemed to be fairly nice.