Chapter 39: But I don't want to wear a dress!

The blond girl woke up with a jump when Mick got into the car. "Did you get them?" She yawned. "Turn around, Anne." Mick spoke softly.

That was a surprise, Mick talking softly. He was more of an Um... How do you put it. He was more loud, obnoxious, out-going. He definitely did not seem, in now way, like the type of person who spoke softly to their girlfriend.

The tiredness of being awake all morning started to get to me. I rested my head on Mark's shoulder, he already looked half asleep. 

When Mark felt me lean on him, he moved to where my legs were a little bit more stretched out. He then wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a protective but tired way. My head rested on his chest.

"Oh, hey." Anne gave us a lazy wave. "Are you together?" She asked then. "No." I shook my head. She raised her eyebrows suspiciously. Yeah, okay, I'll admit, it probably didn't help that I was basically laying on top of Mark in the backseat of Micks car. 

"Trust me Anne, they are not together. They'll do everything a couple does but for sleep with each other." Mick tells his girlfriend, noticing her suspicious look.

I looked up at Mark, he looked down at me. His blue eyes looked like a stormy green right now with blue flakes. He bent down and put his lips to my forehead. I smiled at the cute gesture. It took me a minute to realize that Anne was still watching us.

"Mick, when is this thing that made me come all the way out to California for?" Mark asked Mick. "It's tomorrow night, and it is a promotional thing, there's gonna be other bands and stuff there, I think? I don't know, I really only pay attention to Carmine when he is talking about girls." Mick states, he kind of sounded like an idiot when he said that.

Anne hit Micks arm when he said 'girls'. Me and Mark both let out a quiet laugh.

A thought accoured to me. "Oh god, I have nothing to wear tomorrow night." I suddenly yelled. "Ooh, we can go shopping today." Anne squealed, girly. 

I hate shopping, so freakin' much. And if you're around me much you'll hate it too. I can never make up my mind on what I want and what looks right with me and anything, I can't make my mind up on anything.

"Sorry." Mark mouthed to me, a sympathetic look in his eyes. I just nodded then closed my eyes.

The car ride wasn't that long, we were soon at the hotel that the band was staying at. Both Mark and Mick got out, me and Anne didn't. I was to stubborn and Anne was asleep. Mick figured his girl out easily, he just picked her up. 

Me on the other hand was as stubborn as I could get and refused to get out. So, Marks resolution, was to drag me out by my feet. And let me say, that must of been a sight to see, I was doing everything I could to not move and Mark was doing everything he could to get me to budge. I probably looked like a cat about to be thrown into water  

My struggle soon showed to be in vain, Mark succeeded. With a 'thump' I fell out of the car and my skin was exposed to the early morning chill.  "Ow." I glared up at Mark. He laughed then held out a hand for me to take.

I took it and he pulled on my arm. I definitely got up but it was a little fast, I went flying into Mark. "God, you're lighter than you look." He mumbled as he steadied me.

We then walked inside. In there, the rest of the band was in the lobby waiting. Dave was in a chair looking tired, but now that I think about it, he always looks tired, he just has that soft kind of face. Johnny looked the exact opposite of Dave, Johnny was basically jumping around in his spot and looked ready to run a mile. Then there was Carmine who was looking bored out of his mind.