Chapter 40: Promotional things are boring.

The morning was again cold, as it almost always is is for me. There were warm arms around me, again as there usually for. But one thing seemed different, where was I? My eyes slowly opened to remember where I was. Oh yeah, hotel room. I really don't understand how I forget stuff so easily.

I slowly flipped over to see the face of the sleeping man who had me in his tight grip. Mark's blond hair was stuck to his face and he had one hand laying on his bare abdomen, that slowly rose and fell to a rhythm that his breath rested at. His other hand was around my waist holding me right at his side.

I kind of watched him sleep, that probably sounded creepy but it's not like he doesn't watch me sleep. But the more I looked at him, he just seemed so cute. The realization for another time hit me at how much I do actually like him.

My cheeks suddenly flushed a bright red when I realized that I am in fact, in bed with him, just not in a sexual aspect. That nervous feeling was erupting through me, that nervous feeling you get when you realize that your crush just smiled or noticed you.

For some reason, at this very moment in time. I was reminded of the first time I ever actually laid down down with him in the same bed. Oh my god, the memory was awkward.

***Flash back(Lissa is fourteen)***

I rubbed my arms and cheek at the stinging feeling. My mother got mad at me for who knows what this morning and grabbed my arm than hit me. I tried my best to cover up the marking's of the bruises with make-up. It didn't really do much so I just skipped school today and so far have spent the day watching the world around me at this small park in the middle of town.

I knew that the day was soon starting to end so I got off my lazy butt and started walking. I can't go back home, my mothers mad and all that. Okay, um... Oh yeah, I could go to Mark's. He wouldn't mind sheltering me, right?

My feet took me to the direction of where he lived, the only though running through my head was hoping he was there.

I got to his door and slowly knocked on the door. Mark's father opened it. "Hello Lissa." He greeted me. I gave him a small smile. "D-" He cut me off. "Mark's in his room, honey." He pointed to the stairs.

"Thanks." I ran up the stairs. His bedroom door was cracked open, so I gave it a slight knock and pushed the door open. Mark was sprawled out across his bed while lazily flipping through some magazine.

"Oh hey, Lis." He noticed me and put the magazine down. I walked over to him and sat down on the bed. "How was school?" Mark asked. I shook my head. "Wasn't there."

"Why?" He raised his eyebrows. I pointed to my face that had a red place on it, then I showed him my wrist that was swollen from where my mother grabbed it.

Mark shook his head, his cheeks were flushed red, probably from anger. He always got angry when someone touched me or hurt me, at least he cares. "You want to stay here tonight?"

I nodded with a yawn. We did accouple of non-exciting things before calling it time to go to sleep. As usual, Mark wanted to sleep on the floor. But I objected, telling him he always does when I'm over and I should be the one on the floor.

After a little argument we both agreed on sharing the bed, which I was okay with. "Are you sure? I mean, Lis, the floor is pretty comfortable." He pointed to the ground as he bent over to turn the light out.

"No, Mark. It's okay, I don't really care." I shook my head and rolled my eyes. He just laughed and flipped the lights off. I laid my head on the soft pillows and closed my eyes.

Mark did the same but on the opposite side of the bed, keeping a distance from us. It was then that something struck me. He probably thought this was wrong. I mean I'm barely a teenager and he's barely but already technically an adult. I can guarantee you he thought this was wrong to be in the same bed with girl that is so much younger than him.