Chapter 5: Give a Little Bit

Say something, say something. Don't let him get arrested. My mouth kept opening but I couldn't say anything with out my stomach hurting.

The officer pulled out his handcuffs and reached to grab Marks hand.

The restroom door opened and the manager walked back in. The cold air and overwhelming smell of grease was just way to much for me. My stomach growled and turned.

I made a load pitiful sound and my eyes started to water while I quickly turned around to the toilet. Mark jerked his hand away from the police officer and once again started rubbing my back whiled more of my stomach was tossed out.

I whimpered and Mark leaned over to my ear. "It's okay, you'll be okay. I promise your okay, nothing will happen." He started whispering in my ear. A strand of my dark brown hair fell over my face. Mark pulled it away.

After I finally finished dying, Mark pulled me towards him, his fair arm wrapped around my shoulders. The officer looked at Mark and sighed while the manager had shock written all over his face.

The officer put his cuffs back in there holster and pulled out a pad and pin. Ha, he didn't believe us about me being sick but now he has to. A grin started to spread on my face.

The manager walked away and the police officer gave Mark, who's chin was on my head, a warning. Then left the bathroom.

"You okay now?" Mark asks me. I nod while smiling at him. "You want to leave and go to my place?" He asks again. He pulls me closer to him, I rest my head on his shoulder. "Sure." I mumble.

Mark stands up and reaches for my hand to help me up. My legs feel like jello. "My stomach hurts, my legs hurt." I state in a joking manner.

Mark rolls his eyes and put his arm around my waste to keep me stable.  I feel drunk and I've never drank alcohol. Is that normal? Probably not! Me and Mark walk/stumble out of the restroom. Ac-couple of people look at us strangely but I don't care, it's not like I'll see them again.

We walk out of the pizza hut and make our way to his car. Mark opens the car door and helps me in. He climbs in on his side and starts the car.

"Thank You." I say. Mark turns to look at me. Confusion obvious in his eyes but a smile was still on his face. "For what?" He states. "You were there when I was sick." I smile. Marks smile turns into a frown. "I care for you Lis, we've known each other for years. Of course I'll be with you when your down and when your sick. You are always there for me." 

"I know, it's just Jessica is your girlfriend-" "Was." Mark corrects me, "- Either way I was expecting you to choose to side with her, to be with her, not me. To follow her and forget about me like everyone does and care for her, not me ." I simply say. Marks turns his head from the road to look at me. He looked annoyed. I felt guilty for some reason.

"Hell Lis, you know how much I love you!-" I flinched from how loud he was , he noticed then softened his voice and continued, "-Of course I'm gonna follow you, I knew that you were sick. I don't like the idea of you being in there alone, vulnerable."

He stopped for a second then sighed. "Jessica might of been in there, or someone else. I rather go to jail then watch these b**chy girls tear your hair out when you are in to much pain to actually do something about."

"Please know that I don't care who it is but I'll choose you, I'll always choose you. I'll choose you over my parents, I'll choose you over my friends-" We stopped at a red light, Mark took my hand that was still covered in blood, "-I'll choose you over my future-" He took his other hand off the stearing wheel and covered my hand as if it was one of the most delicate thing he has ever held.