Chapter 45: Crappy Hotel Rooms and Opening for Maiden

So, as we were on the way to a hotel. I decided to be annoying and bug Carmine with a billion questions. As I found out, they're playing some venue tomorrow night in New York City, I know nothing about the venue other than accouple of big-name acts have been there. Then they have a concert as an opening act for a band that I love, which just happens to be Iron Maiden and Accept in East Troy, Wisconsin on June ninth, which is in two days. After that, we fly out to Michigan and the band has a show there.

After that, they all go back to L.A, do a few concerts there, then have four days of off-time to do who knows what, then there's a show they have to be at as an opening act on the 26th of June in Springfield, Illionois. After that Carmine said he's not sure, but I'm quite positive that was his way of telling me to shut-up, so I stopped talking then.

Accouple of more minute's pass. I was starting to get bored, for example, after watching big building's pass by for three minutes, they no longer become interesting.

With a heavy sigh I laid my head on Mark's shoulder. He looked over at me with a slightly sympathetic look. "Get use to this." He chuckled. I laughed and closed my eyes, everything was black, and I was out like a light.

Just as quickly as I fell asleep, I woke up to a loud car honking its horn. "What's that sound?" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes. "That sounds called the car behind us, also known as a mad New Yorker." Carmine pointed out the back window. I turned around and saw a very mad looking taxi driver. I then looked in-front of us and saw a lot of people crossing the street. "Ugh!" I rolled my eyes.

"I already don't like it here." I fell back, letting my head hit the seat. "It's not that much different than L.A." Carmine retorted. "Meh." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're complaining an awful lot." Mark spoke from next to me. "Your fault. You were the one who brought me along." I gave him a pointless look. "Remind me to kill you." Carmine pointed to Mark.

"Hey! I'm not that bad." I put my hands up defensively. "No, I'm kidding. But she's your responsibility Mark." Carmine again pointed to Mark who was on one side of me. "I'm not a stray dog either." I whined.

It was then I realized how annoying I really did sound. "Okay, sorry. I am annoying." I rested my head back on Mark's shoulder. "That you are." He looked down at me with a small grin. I rolled my eyes and shoved his leg slightly with mine.

"Wait, where are Dave, Mick and Johnny?" I asked. There was more honking. "In the mad cab behind us." Carmine responded.

"And why are we in taxi's?" I inquired. "Because we're cheap. This whole thing is cheap." Carmine gave me a very dull look.

"Okay, I'll shut-up now." I closed my eyes again. "Yes, please do that!" Carmine put his hands together and looked up pleadingly. "For someone who's pushing 40, you act like a kid." I mumbled. Mark chuckled from next to me.

"It's all part of the life in fame. And you just said you'd shut up!" Carmine put his feet up and his hands behind his head although he had nowhere to put his feet, so they were just resting in the air. "Dude, we're in a taxi, you're not that famous, no matter how many bands you were in, this doesn't count as overly successful fame. Also, if you'd stop making remarks, then I'll stop talking." I sarcastically waved my arms in a circular motion around the inside the car.

"This is called living-" Carmine paused "-This is called living in the New York culture. Then stop commenting on everything I say, then I'll stop making remarks."

"Seriously." I raised my eyebrow. "Okay, this is called a cheap record label and producer but what else can you ask for?" Carmine said overly-dramatically for some odd reason.