Chapter 28: I hate doing stuff

Sounds of birds and cars filled my ears, bright light showered in through the window. I opened my eyes to be blinded by that bright light.

I felt coldness touch my bare arms. My mind took a minute to process why it was cold. I sighed when I realized that it was winter and the bedroom window was open but the other reason that I dreaded was the fact that I wasn't wrapped in Mark's warm arms.

I rolled off the bed, hitting the cold ground. "Oww!" I muttered. I lazily stood up. At least I don't have to go back to work until after New Years, but that gives me two weeks and three days of doing absolute nothing.

I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I almost screamed when I saw my reflection. My cheek was almost black from where the man slapped me. "Well, now everyone will be asking why and who hit me. I mean it's not like the bruise is the shape of a hand." I sarcastically thought aloud.

I went back to brushing my teeth then brushed my somewhat long, chocolate brown hair. I changed into a over sized Foreigner shirt that I'm pretty sure used to be Mark's. I also put on black leggings.

My feet took me downstairs and to the kitchen. I got a bowl of oatmeal and ate it. After I went over to the couch and sat down. For some reason I didn't feel like watching T.V.

Let's see what else is there to do. Lets listen to music, I walked over to the record player. It was on this table with all the records in a box under the table. I pulled it out to see what there was. I decided on Van Halen's Diver Down. I walked back over to the couch and sat down.

I sat there contently while the beginning to Where Have All The Good Time's Gone started. 

After awhile I got bored. I looked around the house and started to clean random things. After I was done this house was close to spotless .

I sat back down and stared into space. "Ugh, why can't I have any friends." I yelled to basically the wall. Then a idea popped into my head. I ran over to the phone and dialed the number I was thinking.

The phone started ringing in my ear. After a minute someone finally picked up. "Hello." I voice tiredly mumbled. "Hello." I said cheerfully back. "Lissa why are you calling my at 8:40 in the morning." The man I called mumbled.

I looked at the clock. "Oh my gosh, sorry. I didn't realize it was this early. I'll hang up and you can go back to sleep." I said guiltily. I had no idea it was this early. 

I heard movement on the phone. "No, no. I'm up now." He said. "Sorry for waking you, Bruce." I mumbled again. "Well, what did you call me for?" Bruce asked. I felt kinda embarrassed to ask this since I just woke him up. "I well... k-kinda was wondering if you had nothing planned out for the day that you might want to come over and do something?" I quietly asked.

I heard a sigh then a laugh come from the other end. "I'll be over in about an hour." Bruce said. "Okay, bye." I mumbled still feeling guilty. I put the phone down and looked around.

So I have an hour to waste. For some reason I felt like a four year old that's bored to death.

I decided to listen to another record, so I went over and put in Straight Between The Eye's that is by one of my favorite band, Rainbow.

I laid down across the couch and closed my eyes. I soon fell asleep but a knock at the door woke me up. I shook off the tiredness and went to go open it. There, on the front porch, was Bruce. He was dressed in a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket over it and jeans.

"Come in." I smiled at him only to gasp in pain and hold my cheek. Bruce looked over at me and quickly walked over to me. "Let's go inside." He spoke and helped me inside. Bruce threw his jacket to the side, well make yourself at home I guess.

I sat down on the couch and Bruce put the needle at the beginning of the Rainbow album and turned the volume down so it was background music. He then sat down on the chair near the couch.

"What happened?" He asked. I looked at him, confused. "With your cheek. I mean what happened with your cheek?" Bruce asked again. 

"It got bruised." I stated simply. "Who hit you." Bruce asked, irritated. "Last night, after Mark left, I went to the store for food. The parking lot was full when I got there but when I left there was almost no one at all there. As I was walking to the car I herd footsteps and some random guy came up and grabbed me. I tried to get away but he hit me, leaving the hand shaped bruise. Long story short two random guys from a liquor store across the street, who had to be not much older than us, saved me." I explained.  

Bruce nodded as he took all this information. "You know that, that bruise will probably hurt for you to eat and it will probably give you headaches." He said. I nodded.

"Mark isn't going to be happy." He slowly spoke. "Yeah but it's not his fault." I quickly spoke. Bruce looked at me. "It might not be his fault but he'll blame himself." He told me. I shook my head.

"What do you want to do?" I questioned. Bruce looked around. I looked around to. There is nothing to do. "How about T.V." He inquired. "Sure." I replied and turned the T.V on.

The first thing we saw was a commercial for Christmas decoration. I turned to look at Bruce. "Can we go Christmas shopping?" I smiled widely. "You sound like a three year old." Bruce chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure." He said and we got up. We went outside. "Which car?" Bruce questioned. "Yours, there is more room in it." I picked and we walked to his car.

We went to the store and spent about seventy bucks on stuff. When we got back it was around twelve o'clock.

"Do you want to go eat?" He raised his eyebrow after we got back. "Sure." I answered. "We can go to that new steak place." Bruce smirked. "Seriously, for lunch." It was my turn to look at him strangely.

"I would eat steak any minute of the day. Steak I want to eat you all of the time. All day and all of the night. All day and all of the night-time. All day and all of the night." Bruce grinned as he sung his own version of The kinks 'All Day and All of the Night.

I started laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing, to the point it hurt my cheek. "Why do you have to make jokes like that." I laughed, again, while I held my cheek that was hurting. "Because it causes you agony." Bruce grimaced.

I looked at him, dumbfounded. "I'm kidding." He threw his hands up in defense and we both laughed. "Can we take the Corvette?" I asked. He nodded. "Can I drive." I smiled sweetly. "You don't even know where this place is." Bruce pointed out.

"Oh, right." I frowned. Bruce just laughed at me. I threw him the keys and we left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey, should I stop doing these notes at the end. I mean they're fun but I feel that they get annoying for my readers. Either way back to the story, nothing in this chapter was true. Finally I'm listening to Mark Free while writing this. Usually I listen to something completely different but now, without realizing it, I was listening to Mark Free while writing a Mark Free fan fiction. I feel proud in myself for no apparent reason. Also, you probably don't care, but my uncle gave me a re-issue circus (Rock magazine) for a late birthday present. It's all about 88' because originally that was the year. It has posters in it you are suppose to rip out and I'm like excited for no reason because it has a lot of Bon Jovi, Poison and Cinderella and a little bit of Europe but it only talks about there Out Of This World album with like one picture of Joey Tempest. But hey I got it. Also I just found out (Don't think I'm a stalker or anything) that this person I'm writing about (I'm becoming really obsessed with him) live's really close to where some of my family lives (Another state than mine.) Vote, Comment, Follow and keep reading. Feed back is also appreciated!!!