Chapter 35: New Years, Part two.

"What?" Mark shouted, slamming the breaks. We came to a stop, the tires slid a little, probably making a sound. Well, no, I know it made a sound because the man turned around. It was then I knew for a fact it was my brother.

"That's him?" Mark asked. I looked over at him then back at my brother, my facial features probably look frozen. I shakily nodded my head, not looking at him.

He drove to the curb, proceeding that by getting out of the car. I quickly got out of the car too. Mark came over to me. 

My brother just stood near his car, watching us with squinted eyes. He had on black work pants and a faded grey shirt on with work shoes. So many emotions ran through my head as I made my way over to the drive-way.

Mark followed me, probably wondering what was about to happen. My brother's gaze met mine as I marched my way over to him, we held gaze's until I stopped about eight feet in front of him.

"Who the hell are you?" He finally asked, his voice was a lot deeper than I remember but that is probably because he's aged seven years. I think he is now twenty-two/twenty-three, I think he is Mark's age. 

"Who the hell am I! Seriously. Who the hell am I! At least I know who you are, Eric." My voice got louder and louder as I spoke. "How do you know my f*cking name, crazy woman." My brother, Eric, shouted.

My face was probably getting very red by this point. "I know your name because I lived with you for ten years." I just about screamed at him. Eric took a step closer, getting a better look at my face. 

"Wait, no way! Lissa, is that you." His face lit up in realization. I rolled my eyes. "Now you recognize me." I muttered.

He got closer to me, bringing me into a hug. Looking behind me, I could see Mark walking a little ways towards us.

Eric put me down and the first thing I could do was slap him. And no, it wasn't some soft tap that might tickle a little bit. I hit him hard, hard enough that it made a sound and left a red print of my hand on his face.

"What was that for?" He looked at me shocked. "You left me right after our father was killed! You knew that our mother was a f*cking alcoholic with anger issues and you left me alone to deal with that because your to scared to face staying here. You said you would never leave me and protect me like a 'brother'-" I put hand quotes around brother, "-is suppose to do. And after all that you ask me why I hit you. Trust me, I got worse than a pitiful girl slap. I got a wine bottle in the stomach, I got hit with lamps and had knifes throne at me, you didn't you just left it all for me to deal with." I practically screamed.

Mark came up beside me, his face was kind of red and he seemed a little tense. I knew he was mad but trust me, compared to what I felt at that moment, I don't know if anyone on this planet has ever been more angered than me.

"Who is he?" Eric pointed at Mark, completely ignoring what I just said. I was about to answer until I saw the neighbor outside watching us. It was an elderly woman and she looked petrified. 

I looked at Mark, he was looking at her too. "We should go." He whispered to me, "Before more people come out and watch this." I looked over to Eric who was just watching us with a mad glare. Yeah, no, he does not have a right to be mad right now.

"Let's go." I said, turning around to leave. Mark grabbed my hand and led me to the car, he knew I was mad. I never yelled or cussed at anything or anyone and I just did. 

Eric watched us leave, a dumbfounded look on his face. "Where are you two going? And you never answered my question, who's the man?" He called after us. I went to say something but Mark stopped me with a shake of his head.