Chapter 8: I'm In love with my car

We were just about to leave before Mark suddenly stopped. "What?" I asked concerned, did he hear something. I hope not.

"Wait here." Mark instructed and ran off to the living room. He came back with a pocket knife and put it in his jacket. "You ready?" He asked. I nodded and we left. 

"How long do you think it would take us to get there?" I questioned, Mark turned away to think about it. "Probably about 20 minutes." Mark spoke. "Okay."I said.

We walked out of his small neighborhood and turned to the right. Mark grabbed my hand so I would stay close to him. I surely didn't want to get lost. "Do we turn left onto the main road or right on the side streets?" I wondered. "We can go right." Mark pointed over to the right.

We kept walking until I saw a small place that read, 'cheep cars, nice cars, expensive cars.' I've always thought that place had the stupidest name I mean seriously, cheep cars, expensive cars, last I checked cheep and expensive are opposites.

We made it to there parking lot. There was a group of guys, all huddled together smoking and talking off to the side. They must have got Mark paranoid because he grabbed knife.

We made it to the door, I went to grab it to open but Mark beat me to it. "Small people first." He said, acting like a hotel clerk. I jokingly punched his side, he chuckled.

A big grin grew on my face when I heard what song they were playing, I'm in Love with my Car. Marks not a big Queen fan. According to him its just to operatic for his taste, but I like them. I started to sing along, Mark just glared at me.

"Were gonna go look at the corvettes first." Mark stated. I don't want to look at corvettes. They're competition to my favorite car company. And he was doing that just to annoy me. "I want to look at the Trans Ams." I whined. "Nope Corvettes. Its pay back for you annoying me with that song." He smiled.

"I only sung to it because your in love with your corvette." I comeback. It's true, that boy loves his car. "I'm not." He shot back. "Oh yes you are, its the love of your life." I turned around to look at him. "Fine I love my car, but it's not the love of my life. Trust me." Mark smirked. That got my attention.

"Who's the love of your life, do I know her?" I squealed. "That sounded girly, ewww." I gagged, referring to my 'squeal'.  "I'm not gonna tell you who but I will say she is younger than me. You might know her." Mark laughed.

"Oh, I don't know." I stated crossly. Mark sighed and pulled me towards him."I'll tell you when the time is right of who I love." He whispered. I feel as if this conversation has gotten to serious.

He pulled me with him over to the corvettes and looked at each and every one of them. He had his eyes set on a particular blue 75 Chevrolet Corvette but their was no way he could buy it right now.

"Can we go look at the Trans Ams now?" I complained. Mark chuckled and we went to look at them. 

"I really like the fire birds." Mark pointed to the hood of a, go figure, fire bird. He liked the bird design on it. "Oh you mean the screaming chicken." I said. Mark looked at me with deeply confused eyes. "The screaming what." He attempted to repeat me.

"The screaming chicken. It's what us Trans Ams lovers call the stupid fire bird on it." I explained. Mark started to laugh at the stupid name. "You and Bruce will get on well. He loves Trans Ams." Mark laughed.

"Which one do you like the most?" He asked. I knew my answer it was obvious. "78 red Pontiac over there." I said proudly. "You seem proud of that." Mark chuckled. "I am."

We looked around more, it was when we reached the Mustaines that Mark finally looked at the clock. "Lis, we need to leave. It's past 12." Mark whispered. "Oh god, come on." I said kinda shocked. I swear it was 11:12 five minutes ago.

We rushed out the door and the same group of guys were there, doing the same thing. Only thing that was different this time is they noticed us. One of them that looked to be about 28 with shoulder length reddish brown hair pointed at us.

Another guy that was probably in his early twenties cat called me. "Ay, little lady, why don't ya come here so we can see ya pretty little a*s." A blond guy with curly hair yelled at me.

The other probably five or six guys yelled their agreement. Marks arm wrapped around my shoulder as he glared daggers at the group. "She's to young for you h*rny pricks." Mark yelled as loud and vicious as he could.

People, especially men, assume I'm older than what I look. Probably because I'm around 5'5, 5'6 have long legs, thick hair and a full chest. I hate that my breasts are full, they make me look like I'm around 18 or in my early twenties, all I can do is hope they don't get bigger. I'm not skinny but I'm no where near fat, I have a skinny waste and normal hips. That all makes me look older and I hate it.

"No way she's younger than 16." The red headed guy shouted. "You wanna bet ginger boy." Mark yelled his grip tightening on me. "Sure thing." The red head said and walked closer to us. Mark pulled his knife out to where every one could see it.

"You say the b*tch is to young for us, what about you. Your obviously older than 16." Red head yelled, getting closer. Every one but him saw the knife so he kept getting closer to us.

"Thing is, we're not together and you want her so you can have a little toy for the night, that's not gonna happen." Mark spat.

Red head got closer, his gang behind him tried to get his attention. "Bill get away." "Your gonna be put in the hospital, he's twise your size." "Bill, you idiot."

Apparently Bill is the guy's name. "Back off." Mark warned and held his knife up. Bill finally saw it and retreated back to his group. A stream of curse words came from his mouth. Me and Mark started to walk off.

"Motherf*cker and your little wh*ore." Bill shouted as we walked off. Mark held his middle finger up until we were out of sight. 

"Are you okay?" Mark asked. "Yes." I replied and Mark pulled me to his chest. The whole way back, Mark had a hand on me at all times.

We made it to the door and quietly climbed up to his room. Mark took his jacket off and I took the belt, boots and Jacket off.

Mark plopped down on the bed and I was soon to follow. "Today was interesting." I yawned. "Yes it was." Mark mumbled. He pulled me a little bit closer to him but not by much. And with that we both fell into a peaceful sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hello Everyone. Awww, Mark is in love with Lissa and poor Lissa doesn't even realize it. So there is something true in this chapter and that is that Free loves Corvettes. I just had to add the screaming chicken part. I was watching one of my favorite car shows the other day, Counting Cars, and the person that paints the cars, Mike, kept calling the fire bird on Trans Ams a screaming Chicken. So when me and my father went to a guitar shop, he was complaining about how the bird on his Trans Am was pealing off. One of the guys that worked at the guitar shop came out with my father's new guitar and he over heard our conversation, while my father was talking to me about how much the sticker costed to have replaced I called it a screaming chicken and my father started to laugh and that's when I realized there was someone behind us. That guy started to die in laughter, I was embarrassed because he looked like Tommy Shaw when he was 23 (He is cute) so I'm there with a red face because of it. But I found it funny so I had to add it in this story. So vote, comment, follow and... yeah who knows.