Chapter 3: After School Part 2

Me and Bruce came out of the classroom laughing like our life's depended on it. Right outside of the classroom was Mark.

He probably thought we lost our minds but after a minute Mark let a smile spread across his face. "Since when did you two start talking?" Mark inquired. "Were working together on a music." I answered and leaned into him.

"Oh I remember that project, are you two doing it on a band?" Mark questioned again, "Yes." Bruce responded  for me this time.

"What band are you doing it on?" Mark asked yet another question. I was about to tell him but once again Bruce did it for me and oh how i wish he didn't.

"Were doing it on Rainbow." He said. Mark turned and looked down at me. A smirk dancing on his lips and pay back shone in his eyes. What have I ever done to him.

"Rainbow you say?" Mark asked Bruce but was still looking at me. "Yes, why?" Bruce responded seeming confused.

"Oh nothing, just Lizard here has a bit of a cr-" I jumped and put my hand on his mouth before he could finish. Bruce looked at us confused.

My arm started to hurt from reaching up and covering his mouth. Why did he have to be a billion inches taller than me. A smile shone from behind my hand and Mark licked my hand. "EWWWW!!!" I screeched and snapped my hand from his mouth.

"You did it to me yesterday so I'll do it to you today." Mark sarcastically explained. He turned his attention back towards a confused/worried looking Bruce.

"As I was saying, Liz has a big crush on Rainbows dru-" I interrupted him again by jumping on his back. "There drummer Cozy Powell." Mark managed to get out before I tackled him to the ground. 

My cheeks turned a rosy red and I put my face in my hands in embarrassment. "You were so shy in the classroom and now your out here tackling Mark like your in the football team! What the hell happened?" Exclaimed Bruce.

Mark chuckled and I turned into a tomato out of embarrassment. "Lizzy isn't as shy as she seems, girls got an ego to keep up." Mark told Bruce and I looked at Mark in confusion. What the heck, I don't have an ego.

 Mark looked at me. "I'm kidding," I smiled at that and he continued, "Your small, sweet, innocent,- okay I'm sorry." I glared at the sarcastic teddy bear in front of me, I couldn't stay mad I just had to hug him.

He put his arms around my waist and I leaned back into him, ruffling his shirt.

"Hey Mark, I thought you were dating Jessica." Bruce popped back into the conversation. "I am, why?" Mark asked back. That was confusing why did he have to ask. 

"Oh, it's just that you and Liz are acting pretty close." Bruce observed. "We are close?" Mark inquired. I look at both of them. I'm not sure if I've ever been more confused than I am right at that moment.

Bruce kind of hesitated. "No, I mean l-like you two are t-together." Bruce mumbled. Different thing ran through my brain, putting what he just said together. Me, Mark together. Hell no, were best friends and all but not like that and plus he has a girlfriend.

"Hell no!" I exclaimed while my face twisted in disgust. "Yeah no were not." Mark added, annoyance obvious in his tone but his grip on my waste didn't loosen. Bruce chuckled then said his good byes and walked off. I turned to look at Mark and we just stared at each other kind of awkwardly until he finally burst out laughing and I was soon to follow.

"You ready for detention." Mark questioned. I started to frown. I didn't want to face my mother after this, she is scary, especially when she's drunk. "I guess?" I mumbled. Part of me wanted Mark to help me and the other part of me wants to keep whats going on private.