Chapter 46: Up's And Downs Of Tour

Four weeks later:

Time's went by, the band has been on the road, and I've been following them. They've done a few show's, it was always the same for me. I'd either stand by the stage or go out in-front of the stage with the crowd and watch them perform or I'd wait in the dressing room. Nothing much.

They'd always be sweaty so I made a use of myself and gave them towels when they got done performing and water, sometime's I'd even take the time and help with the road crew.

So, all in all, nothing interesting has happened. I guess the most eventful thing that has taken place so far is when Johnny lit his hair on fire in the dressing room. I don't know how it happened, I don't know why it happened, I just know he ran out with his hair on fire and Mick chasing him with a bottle of water.

The boy's got a little time off, and that time off just happened to be this week. Mark had a few thing's planned. Although he hasn't told me much, but he's mentioned looking for a place in L.A to stay. I think that'd work out better instead of constantly flying in and out.

I just know he better let me sleep before I'm dragged off to do anything. My sleeping has been terrible, I'm not sure about anybody else, cause they're out alot while I'm stuck on the bus or in a hotel room sleeping.

Currently me and Mark were on the way to a hotel to sleep for the night and we're out tomorrow. The rest of the band separated the second we landed.

"So, how are you liking this so far?" Mark asked me as the car came to a stop. "It's been okay, fun at times, and other times it's been torture." I shrugged my shoulders while stepping out of the vehicle. I gave an honest answer.

"Just okay?" He walked up next to me, opening the door to the hotel/motel place. "Has it been any better for you?" I gave him a sideways glance. "No, I guess not." He chuckled.

We walked up to the counter. There was a man sitting with his legs up on the desk, I think he was sleeping. Next to him was a women, smacking gum and reading a book, looking as if she had much better thing's to be doing than working there.

The women gave us a room key. All she said to us was the price then went back to reading, I couldn't help but role my eyes.

Me and Mark made our way to the room door. He opened it and I immediately went over and laid down in the bed.

I curled up into the silky white Linen sheets. My eyes turned heavy and sleep started to consume my tired body, but there was a slight movement from next to me. I felt a hand on my arm and a light shake was pressured to my body.

"Let me sleep." I huffed, face down in a pillow. "Okay, I'll sleep on the floor then." Mark responded. I could hear the amusement in his voice, which in a way got on my nerve.

"Oh-" I smiled sheepishly, not realizing I was in the direct middle of the bed, giving him no room, "-sorry." I moved over slightly, leaving him space. "Thank's." The bed sunk in next to me.

I felt his arms wrap around me. With a content and tired sigh, I curled up into him, falling deep into a state of long awaited sleep.

Next day

I woke mid-day, still wanting to sleep but we had to check out in thirty minute's so I couldn't. With a glance to the side, I could see Mark was still asleep. 

Part of me wanted to let him sleep, I know he hasn't gotten much but we had to get out.

"Hey?" I started shaking his arm. "Wake-up, we gotta go soon." I whispered. He opened his eyes and looked at me with a 'did you have to wake me' look.