Chapter 42: Meh, it's nothing but a few aches

Warning: I don't know but this chapter might contain violence. If this one doesn't then the next one will. You have been warned, so read on.
*Very long chapter*
Sometime in the middle of May

As always, Mark had to leave for L.A. soon. He'll be back for a week before he leaves on tour, which I found will last till after the release of their next album in September.

My head has been murderous lately, as well as my joints. If it wasn't for the fact I was seventeen, I'd blame it on old age.

It seemed like with every move, something would hurt. My wrists were swelled up twice the normal size, and my knees and ankles would buckle and lock up each time I would stand.

The soreness was unbearable at times, inhabiting me from doing much.

Though the pain felt like the devils wrath, I refused to tell Mark. He already has so much to worry about, with touring, the band and all.

I just couldn't bring myself to add onto the burden.

"I'm going to be back soon," he began. 

"I'll only be gone for a day or to," I recited along with him.

"Yes, Mark, I am aware. You've told me that at least twenty times by now," I laughed, giving him a semi forced smile.

"Now hurry," I stumbled up, trying not to wince, and pushed mark towards the door.

We left, Mark taking the drivers seat. Part of me was worried on how I was expected to drive myself back. With the shooting pain in my wrists and ankles, I'm not sure how easy a stick shift sounded, or pushing the pedals.

"Lis?" He glanced over at me once we reached the airport, for what felt like the hundredth time this year.

"Yes," I looked to him.

He parked, getting out of the car and coming to my side, opening to door for me.

I stepped out with a smile, only for it to disappear when the sudden weight on my feet caused my ankles to cramp. Unwillingly, I let out quiet sound.

Mark gave me a worried look, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I avoided eye contact, only giving a small grin.

"That's the worst fake smile I'v ever seen," he shook his head.

I glanced down, defeated. "Okay, I don't feel the best."

"For how long?" He asked softly.

"Longer than I wish," I finally admitted.

He ran his thumb across my cheek. "Why haven't you told me?"

"I don't want you to worry," I explained, moving slightly from his touch.

Mark opened his mouth, as if he was about to say something. But instead, he only sighed and shook his head.

"I have to go," he said, looking at his watch.

Nodding, I reached up to give him a hug. He kissed my forehead, holding me tightly.

"Bye Mark," I whispered.

"Bye Lissa," he flashed me a smile before grabbing his bags and rushing off into the busy airport.

And with that, I left. Hoping to get home and rest my aching body.

Two days later

I haven't done much these past few days. My body felt like all of hell, it was as if the only thing I could do was sleep.