Chapter 44: Going on Tour!

One Day later:

I trailed a little-ways behind Mark out to the car, two reasons, I was tired and had been on a plane for the past couple of hours. Reason number two is I still have a billion stitches in me and moving hurts.

For some odd reason, I have mixed emotions about this tour. First off, why again do I have to go? Second off, I feel very excited but kind of worried, I guess would be the word, for it at the same time. I mean, I have no idea of what to expect other than having to watch the band play every couple nights. Hell, I don't even know where we're all going.

A little more walkin' and I just had to stop. I tried to get Mark's attention when I did come to a halt but that was to no avail. But he did, soon, turn to see me clenching my sides and breathing heavy.

"Hey Li- Oh, are you okay?" Mark started to make his way back through the people to me. "I'm fine, just need to exercise more. Walking cramp mixed with stitches and a wheezy stomach hurt." I gave a slight laugh.

I did need to exercise more. I really shouldn't feel this breathless for the little amount of walking we've done.

"Let me take that." He took the bag of my stuff I brought out of my hand. After that, he wrapped his arm around me. We started to walk again, slower.

"Sorry, I'm a little too excited to leave on this tour." Mark glanced down at me with an apologetic look and slightly red cheeks. "It's okay. I'm just smaller and a little more crippled than you, so walking ain't the easiest." I looked up at him with a smile.

He chuckled and entangled his fingers with mine on the hand opposite of him. I leaned into him and tried to speed my walking up a little more by taking longer strides to match Mark's.

A few hours went by quickly, before I knew it, we were waiting for the band so we could fly out to where I believe is somewhere New-York. That part didn't make too much sense to me, me and Mark fly out here only to fly back close to where we were originally. Okay, I admit, Indiana isn't close to New York but it's closer to their than it is to L.A. Also, I believe that the band has show's out here after New-York, that doesn't make much sense to me either. Why not just start all with doing the shows at point A rather than go to point B, than come back to point A than going to point C than coming back to point A, it just doesn't make sense. So confusing!

While we were waiting, Mark went to the restrooms, so I was left waiting outside an air-port surrounded with luggage.

"Lissa?" I voice questioned from behind me. I turned my head over to see Dave looking at me. "Oh, hey Dave." I waved casually. He came closer to me. "I'm happy you're going and all but isn't our lead singer supposed to be here with you?" Dave asked,

"Yeah, he's in the restroom." I laughed. Dave nodded walking closer to me and bending down to hug me. "Ugh." I squeaked a little to high-pitched for my liking when his grip on me got tighter. "What's wrong?" He let go of me.

"Mark didn't tell you?" I questioned. "Tell me what?" He gave me an odd look. "Well that answers that question." I mumbled. Dave just gave me an odd stare.

"This." I raised my shirt up along my hip to where he could see the stitches across my back and hip. "Oh, sh*t, that looks painful." Dave reached his hand out for my hip but stopped just before he touched the skin.

At first glance, it looks terrible because what stitches look good, none. But it's swollen and black n' blue. But after seeing how it was two days ago, I'm just about perfect compared to then.

"Hey Dave, Hey Lissa. What's going on?" Another voice came from behind Dave. It was Carmine. He glanced down at where I held my shirt up. His eyes doubled in size when he saw what was there. "Girly, hate to break it to ya, but that's not a normal skin color." Carmine was a lot braver than Dave and grazed his hand over the swollen area on my hip.