14: Stupidity

A/N: I'm trying to update as much as I can before school k bye

[Calum.]

The walk back to Luke's house from the park later that evening was rather pleasant. Neither of us were talking very much, but his hand holding mine tightly was the only thing I needed to feel happy. I felt like this day couldn't get any better, and that no one could kill my mood. I was on top of the world.

"Well, this is me," he finally said, nodding towards a little house that was painted light blue. Somehow, I hadn't expected anything different. "I'd invite you in but it's already pretty late..." he trailed off, biting his lip.

"Yeah, I need to get home for dinner," I sighed, but then grinned. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nodded eagerly before hugging me. I hugged him back tightly, running my fingers through his hair gently. After a few seconds, he let go and was about to step inside his house when I pulled him back for a kiss, wrapping my arms protectively around his waist.

"Did you really think I'd let you leave without that?" I grinned as we pulled apart, and he blushed, looking away from me. I kissed his burning cheek quickly before removing my arms from around him and hopping off the front steps. "See you tomorrow, babe!"

He giggled, waving me off with a "See you tomorrow!" I started walking down the street to my house, grinning like an idiot. I felt invincible, like I was ready for anything.

However, what I didn't anticipate was getting a text message from a very unexpected person as I was walking home.

The number was unknown, which was strange because it looked sort of familiar. Even when I opened the message, it didn't really make sense.

From: 9811730291

babe I miss u

I typed back a quick "who is this? I think u got the wrong #" then slid my phone back into my pocket, trying to shrug it off. But only seconds later, the person texted back.

From: 9811730291

this is Calum right?

From: Cal

uh yeah who is this?

From: 9811730291

lost my # already? it's Liv ;) I miss u lots xx

My eyes went wide as I read the text. Olivia, seriously? What did she want from me? We broke up two months ago, so why was she texting me now?

Nevertheless, I texted her back.

From: Cal

k I dont

From: Olivia

u sure abt that?

I rolled my eyes. Of course I was sure about that. I really, genuinely liked Luke, and I wasn't going to leave him for her trashy self.

As I was typing up an way too honest answer, my phone froze for a second before showing me that Olivia was calling. With a groan, I picked it up, wanting to get over and done with this whole deal.

"What?" I snapped, not wanting to hear her voice ever again.

On the other end, she laughed. "Is that how you greet an old friend? Shame, I thought you had manners."

"Olivia, what do you want from me?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I need you to break up with Luke, and come back to me," she stated simply.