29: Plans

A/N: double update because yolo (this is a bit of a filler)

Also chapter dedicated to qthemmings bc she's a trooper (seriously she's always the first one to comment and vote omg) :3

[Calum.]

"Taylor, you've got to tell me what happened last night."

She frowned at me, kicking off her shoes. She had barely made it into the house and I was already firing questions at her.

"Please," I whimpered. "I don't remember anything and I think I just lost the one person I care about the most in the world."

"Cal, you haven't lost me. What are you going on about?"

I rolled my eyes at her dumb attempt at a joke, before sighing. "Please, Tay. Luke hasn't talked to me for the past hour because of something I think I did."

"Okay, Calum, calm down," she sighed, before walking past me down the hall. "Come on, let's talk."

I followed her into her room, but I was too agitated to sit down.

"The last thing I remember about last night was that girl, that girl in my lap with her hands all over me," I groaned, tugging at my hair. "I remember telling her to get away, but I also remember kissing her back. I don't know what happened after that. I need to know how I got home, Tay. I need to know."

"First things first, Cal," she sighed, sitting down on her bed. "What did you tell Luke?"

I whimpered. "I told him that... I think I did something I shouldn't have."

Taylor groaned, reaching for her phone. "I haven't heard from him for the past three hours either. I texted Jenna but she hasn't answered. Okay, next thing is that... We need to call Ashton."

"Ashton?" I asked, giving her a confused look. "Why?"

"He's the one who found you last night. You're an idiot Calum! Sneaking off in the middle of the night. Luke and I were worried like crazy!"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, hanging my head in shame.

She sighed. "It doesn't matter. We just need to call Ashton now and fix what you've done."

"But- But Tay... What if I did actually cheat on Luke?" I whispered. "I don't- I love him, Tay. I love him so much."

"I know you do, Cal... But... If Luke's upset, he has every right to be."

"I know."

"Come on, let's call Ash."

I was very apprehensive. I didn't want anyone to confirm my suspicions.

Tay put her phone on speaker, and I wasn't sure whether I should be relieved or worried that he picked up.

"Hey Tay, sup?" Ashton's voice said from the other end of the line.

"Hey Ash, I need to talk to you about last night."

"Uh, that almost sounds wrong."

Taylor rolled her eyes and I fought back a chuckle. "Ash, shut up. I need to talk about Calum."

"Okay, sure."

"Where did you find him?" I watched as she bit her lip. "I mean... Was he alone?"

"Yeah, he was," Ashton answered, and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. "He was in the bedroom upstairs, sleeping."

"That's it?" she asked. "Were his clothes on at least?"

"Taylor, what are you trying to imply?"