25: Jealousy

A/N: ayo so if you are an innocent soul OR IF YOU KNOW ME IN REAL LIFE, I suggest stopping at Calum's POV

(don't get too excited tho ya pervs, I can't write proper smut to save my life)

[Luke.]

"So what's the plan for today?" Tay asked as we were all sat around the table the next morning, having breakfast.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to this, uh, this pizza place for lunch," I nodded, swallowing my spoonful of cereal. "If you guys want."

"PIZZA!" Michael yelled, and we all laughed.

"That settles it, I guess," Calum grinned, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

However, the situation sunk in, and I sighed, shaking his arm off. He gave me a worried look, and I smiled, drifting into my thoughts.

Don't get me wrong. I was incredibly glad that Calum was here. I had missed him so much, and seeing him again was the best thing that had happened to me in the past three months. I wanted to show him off to everyone.

But you see, that was exactly the problem.

I wanted to show him off, but I couldn't. If anyone from school saw me, it would be the first month all over again. Sure, they hadn't exactly stopped making fun of me and I still sat outside to eat, but it had died down considerably. However, if they saw me and Calum being, well, us, I would have a whole new set of problems, and those would probably last way longer.

I didn't like being scared. I wanted to be myself and I wanted to show off my amazing boyfriend the way I could back home. Sure, there were always homophobic people around, but back there, people at school were a lot more open-minded than they are here.

Calum broke me out of my thoughts, pulling at my arm. I got off the chair and followed him into the hallway, giving him a look.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly, his eyes locked on mine.

I bit my lip, and sighed. I wasn't going to lie to him, not this time. "I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"I just- You know- I'm scared, Calum. I'm scared of what's going to happen if people from school see us... Together, you know? I don't want to... I don't want them to... It's not going to be pretty if they see you and me."

He smiled sadly, taking one of my hands in his. "It's fine, babe," he kissed my forehead. "I'll pretend we're just friends."

"You... You will?" I asked, biting my lip again.

He frowned slightly, but his eyes were sincere. "Obviously, Luke! You before anything else. And if I have to stop myself from holding you for a few hours... Well, so be it. I'd do anything to keep you safe, and you better believe it."

I grinned widely, throwing my arms around him. "I love you."

He hugged me tightly. "I love you, too."

---

[Taylor.]

Presently, we were all crammed inside a booth at the famous pizza place Luke was telling us about. I was stuck between Michael and Ashton, while Luke was opposite me, next to Calum. We were waiting for Jenna to join us and chattering happily when I heard a whispered "Holy shit," slip out of Ashton's mouth.

I turned to look at him, but he was looking towards the door of the place. I followed his gaze to see a blonde girl in a tie-dye shirt with a huge grin on our face, and she appeared to be coming our way.