36: Memories

A/N: I have a thing for flower crowns (also filler warning)

[Calum.]

We managed to stumble out of the cupboard just in time for the bell to ring, signalling the end of our lunch break. I grinned at Luke, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as I brought him closer to me.

"So does this mean you'll be mine again?" I asked quietly, watching as he danced his fingers up and down my uncovered chest, drawing random shapes on my skin with the pads of his fingers. He was a bit heavy on my lap but I didn't mind, seeing as I was sitting on his mere minutes ago and he hadn't complained.

He smiled, bringing his icy blue eyes back to mine. "Is it possible for me to be anything other than completely yours?"

I grinned, leaning my forehead against his. "Good, because there's nothing I'd rather be than yours."

I nuzzled my face into his hair as people started filling the hallways, and he tried to pull away for a brief second before relaxing again in my hold, sliding an arm around my waist.

"We should do that again sometime," I whispered in his ear, and laughed when I saw him blush.

"Maybe not in the supply closet this time," he whispered back, causing me to look at him with an amused face. He just shrugged, biting his lip shyly and averting his gaze.

"Let's get out of here," the words left my mouth faster than I could actually register what I was saying, but eh. I would say them anyways.

Luke's eyes widened, just as I had predicted, and he shook his head. "But I- I have to-"

"What classes do you have?" I cut him off.

"Um, maths, art, and gym..."

I laughed, nuzzling his cheek. "You can afford to miss them. Come on, I'm starving."

I expertly navigated my way through the school and out the back door, Luke still as nervous and uncertain as he was when I suggested it. We ran through the staff parking lot and slipped out of the premises, grinning like idiots.

"I know the perfect place," I grinned, pulling him down the sidewalk. "But first, we need food."

"I don't have any money," he pouted, looking at me with worried eyes.

I rolled my eyes, scoffing at him. "You're acting like I'm going to make you pay for the food."

"But I-"

I pulled him closer to me, and kissed him quickly. "Shut up."

------

"I can't believe you brought me back here."

I grinned as he nuzzled into the side of my neck, placing a soft kiss there. We were sitting in the park, sitting against the tree we had been laying under all those months ago. It felt like so long ago, but really, it had been less than a year ago. "Where else would I bring you?"

He shrugged, reaching over to grab a handful of chips. Oh yes, healthy lunch was my speciality. We had an assortment of chips, popcorn, Coke and a few candies. It was better than any school lunch anyways, right?

"I don't know," he answered through a mouthful of chips. "This is great, you know."

"What is?" I asked, sitting a bit straighter and giving him a curious look.

He shrugged again, swallowing what he had in his mouth before shifting away from the tree so he could be facing me. "Not being scared. It's nice."

I looked down at the cast on his wrist, sighing.