518

The Method for Avoiding a Tracking Arrow

With the exhaustion of staying up overnight, Feng Yu Heng nearly fell from her horse upon hearing this.

Ban Zou supported her in a timely fashion. Upon seeing that she could not carry on, he simply helped her from her horse. When that horse was relieved of this weight, it immediately dropped to the ground and began to pant heavily.

Feng Yu Heng’s heart sank even more. Her horse had become tired to this degree, and she was the person that weighed the least in the group. If her horse was like this, the other horses would definitely not be able to continue running. She and Xuan Tian Ming exchanged a glance and could see the helplessness in the other’s eyes.

Xuan Tian Ming said: “Let us rest for a day.”

She nodded, “Then we shall rest for one day.”

Bai Ze handed all of the horses over to the ranch owner and had him bring them to be fed. He then found an inn near the ranch for them to rest in.

Rushing around on the road for a day and a night was nothing for these trained hidden guards. Unfortunately, what was lacking this time was preparation. Xuan Tian Ming had two sets of good horses. One set was in the military camp, and one was in the Yu Palace. If they had decided to go to Xiao Zhou when leaving the capital, he would have chosen to ride a horse, but they were set on going to the military camp. The military camp already had horses, and there was no need to bring more from the palace. Only then did they ride these middle-tier horses out.

It was already too late to regret it. Going back to the capital to fetch new horses would not allow them to make it in time. Xuan Tian Ming held Feng Yu Heng while leaning back in bed, advising her: “In any case, get some sleep. Improving your alertness is of the utmost importance. It must be known that as we advance, it will no longer just be a matter of traveling quickly. We also need to be prepared for an ambush at any time.”

As soon as he mentioned an ambush, Feng Yu Heng immediately thought of the danger presented by the divine archery group from Qian Zhou, thus she quickly said: “There’s no time to rest. Gather everyone together. I will teach you how to avoid the tracking arrow.”

Xuan Tian Ming’s eyes lit up and did not dare to believe it, saying: “The tracking arrow can be avoided?”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “It can! Not only can it be avoided, but the concept is also very simple. The method is also very simple.”

“That’s good.” Xuan Tian Ming immediately stood up and went to the door to inform the guard outside, “Gather everyone here, immediately.”

He then turned around and saw that Feng Yu Heng also got up. He could not help but ask in concern: “How long will it take to learn? I still hope that you can get some sleep.”

“Don’t worry.” She put on a smile, “I will only teach the concept once. It’s very simple. Just a few words will make it clear. None of us knows when the enemy will arrive, thus it would be best to teach this method as soon as possible.”

Xuan Tian Ming did not say anything else. Very quickly, all of the hidden guards, including Bai Ze, Huang Quan and Wang Chuan gathered in this room. This room was not very big, to begin with, and now it was filled to the brim. In fact, even some hidden guards went to hide in beams above.

Before they could understand why they had suddenly been called to gather, they saw their masters’ expressions and knew that there would be some sort of instruction.

Xuan Tian Ming did not speak. He just nodded toward Feng Yu Heng and gestured for her to begin. Feng Yu Heng was not too polite and began to speak. Controlling her voice, she did her best to allow the people inside the room to hear, while ensuring that her voice did not transmit outside. She said: “Presently, our comrades that went in the direction of Xiao Zhou are in danger. This is something that everyone knows. His Highness the ninth prince and I have discussed this matter earlier. We have a good understanding of the abilities of our own hidden guards. To be able to force ten of these hidden guards to flee, we thought that the people pursuing are most likely Qian Zhou’s divine archery team.”