589

Resettlement Plan

Bai Fu Rong’s deep sleep lasted a full two days and two nights without her waking up. At the start of the third day, Feng Yu Heng placed her inside the resting room of her space to ensure that the illness did not worsen before she found a method for treating it.

Bai Ze did not know where Feng Yu Heng brought Bai Fu Rong, but he trusted Feng Yu Heng. When Feng Yu Heng told him that there was no danger to Bai Fu Rong’s life for the time being, he nodded seriously and kowtowed to her.

After this, Xuan Tian Ming’s assessment of the matter was: “As a guard grows, he must not be kept!”

On the fourth day after the army entered the city, a strange phenomenon occurred in Guan Zhou City. On the main roads and small alleys, there were soldiers from Da Shun standing everywhere while holding something weird. That weird thing also made sounds, and those sounds were human voices. The sound was very loud, and the area that it covered was very large. Practically everyone on the streets could hear it clearly.

The contents of the message being delivered were all the same. It was a girl’s voice that was clear and cheerful, telling the people one word at a time: “Having been a part of Da Shun for 100 years naturally cannot compare to all of your ancestors coming from Qian Zhou. I know that many of you feel at heart that you have the blood of Qian Zhou flowing through you. Duan Mu An Guo has committed treason and defected to the enemy, and you rejoiced at heart, happy to return to Qian Zhou.”

“But have you ever thought that with the mixing of bloodlines until this day, can any of you guarantee that you are pure-blooded Qian Zhou people? You have been marrying people from Da Shun, bringing them in or sending children to marry them. Are your children and grandchildren still pure-blood Qian Zhou people? How many people here have mostly Da Shun’s blood flowing through them? Also, over the years, how much has Da Shun spent each year to come North to relieve the Winter disasters? Your homes were built by Da Shun without asking you for any money. Your children can attend schools for free. The Emperor spent money from the national treasury for the academies here. You also pay the least when seeing doctors and fetching medicine here. It’s all because the Emperor feels that the North is cold and the lands are frozen, thus the citizens do not have it easy. That’s why he approved policies that are best for you. But what about you?”

“You’ve enjoyed the benefits provided to you by Da Shun for many years, but just a few words from the traitor Duan Mu An Guo were able to move all of you. Alright, if you want to go back, I will ask you. Do you want to hand over the houses that were built by Da Shun? Also, those that have taken wives from Da Shun or have married husbands from Da Shun, how should your spouses be taken care of? How should you explain your children that have mixed blood to the ruler of Qian Zhou? what Qian Zhou wants are pure-blooded people. After 100 years, are you people still pure-blooded?”

This message was replayed from morning until night without stop on this day. The soldiers just carried the thing that Feng Yu Heng had called a recorder and stood on the streets of Guan Zhou. At the start, the citizens of Guan Zhou were curious and resistant, but they eventually stopped to listen carefully. Even later, they began to discuss this amongst themselves.

They heard the change in popular opinion and heard people discuss the situation that Feng Yu Heng was discussing over the recorder.

By the end, someone finally began to cry loudly, accepting that they were no longer a person of Qian Zhou. Instead, they accepted the reality that they were now a person of Da Shun. There was also a couple that was embracing tightly, expressing that they would be together forever, never separating.

Gradually, more and more people began to agree with the sentiment expressed by the recording. More and more people began to acknowledge what Da Shun had done for the North over the past century. More and more people also began to disparage Duan Mu An Guo, cursing him for bringing disaster to women. Girls that had not yet reached the age of marriage were selected as wives. They also said that there were quite a few young girls that were too small and lacking in knowledge of the world. Unable to endure the suffering, they passed away very early.

Divine Doctor: Daughter of the First Wife ( Yang Shi Liu) 515On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara