583

This Grandaunty Came to Take Your Soul

Duan Mu Cong suddenly recalled a secret report that the North had received. That report said that Qian Zhou’s tracking arrow that had been acknowledged as unavoidable was understood by Da Shun’s imperial daughter Ji An, Feng Yu Heng. Also, not only had it been understood, her tracking arrow was even better than the one used by Qian Zhou’s divine archers. The secret report also said that imperial daughter Ji An also formed her own divine archery team, personally instructing them in archery to try and beat Qian Zhou.

Now, he watched as the people down below hit their mark from such a great distance. The horror in Duan Mu Cong’s heart surged forth and could not be repressed. He had personally seen when the arrows had been shot, some of the soldiers had tried to run in fear, but when they ran, the arrows that had been shot seemed to have grown eyes, following the soldiers in the direction that they ran until they hit their mark.

If this was not the tracking shot, what could it be?

With such a high wall, it could be said that shooting down from there did not require much skill; however, the arrows had been shot from below. Flying up through the air, the 20 arrows did not come up empty, as they all struck the hearts of their targets.

If this was not Da Shun’s divine archery team, what was it?

Duan Mu Cong felt the urge to retire for the first time. Even if Guan Zhou had extremely high and thick walls, he still had no ability to escape from the fear in his heart. He still felt that even if went behind the walls, those arrows would squeeze through the wall and strike him. But…

Duan Mu Cong’s gaze became frigid. A man must not show weakness before his army. He must not flee in the face of an enemy that had just flaunted a bit of its power. He still had an ace up his sleeve, didn’t he?

Duan Mu Cong suddenly began to laugh. It was just as Xuan Tian Ming had just done. It was very arrogant; however, no matter how hard he laughed, it still felt forced. After laughing for a while, he could no longer continue to laugh. He simply waved his hand and ordered a soldier at his side: “Bring that person up! I want to see if that ninth prince will still be as heroic as before.”

Very quickly, a girl with her mouth stuffed was brought up by some soldiers. A long and thick rope kept the person tied up. The rope was so tight that it ruined her clothes, and the girl’s complexion was extremely pale. She was lacking in vigor and looked to be near death. She required the support of a soldier to remain upright, as it would have been very difficult for her to remain standing on her own.

Having already dismounted her horse and hidden behind a pile of snow, Feng Yu Heng squinted her eyes and looked up. She immediately recognized the person as Fu Ya. In just a few days time, she had already been roughed up to such a degree. This caused her feelings of guilt to reach the pinnacle.

The line of sight from the top of the wall was quite good. With the wind blowing, Fu Ya was given a shock, and she was woken up. At this time, she heard Duan Mu Cong shout down once more: “Ninth prince! Open your eyes and take a look at who it is! Even if you have divine archers or tens of thousands of soldiers, or even if you look down on me, take a close look. This woman, who is she?”

When Fu Ya had been brought up to the top of the wall, Xuan Tian Ming’s had already looked over. Not just Xuan Tian Ming looked, as the entire army looked over.

Of these tens of thousands of soldiers, the majority were not familiar with Feng Yu Heng. In fact, they had never even met her. They were the ones that had been left in the Northwest by Xuan Tian Ming. Now that they had been called by Xuan Tian Ming to assault Qian Zhou, after joining up with Qian Li’s troops they had at most heard about how amazing imperial daughter Ji An was and how loving she was with the ninth prince. Based on imperial daughter Ji An having formed a group of divine archers and a support squad along with hearing about the production of steel, every story was like a legend. They could scarcely believe that there could be such an amazing woman.