409

King Yama Has Come to Visit

Unless she had the ability to kill Princess Xiang after getting married. Like this, she could follow the example of the Feng family and have the head wife replaced, with her making the decisions in the Xiang Palace.

That night, Feng Yu Heng slept while hugging gold, and Feng Jin Yuan slept while laying plans. The matriarch slept with all kinds of worries, and Feng Chen Yu was sleeping uneasily while thinking of how to forcefully usurp the position of Princess Xiang.

In truth, nobody in the Feng family was at peace. Han shi and Fen Dai also had complaints. They had endured the departure of one head wife, and Han shi’s belly had already grown so much, but she still could not climb to the position of head wife. But Han shi also had her own way of thinking. As she saw it, the Feng family’s head wife position was inauspicious. No matter who it was, as long as they took that position, they would definitely not meet a good end. Yao shi was now protected by her daughter, but when the Yao family was demoted, how miserable was her situation.

She explained this situation to Fen Dai, and Fen Dai felt that it seemed to be the case. Right now, the situation was unclear, and protecting their lives was most important, thus she did not beat Han shi over the head with the matter of becoming the head wife.

Early the next morning, the Feng matriarch sent granny Zhao to the county princess’ manor with Chen Yu’s engagement note. When Wang Chuan received the note at the entrance, granny Zhao craned her neck and peered inside the manor. Unfortunately, the imperial guards at the entrance blocked the view very well.

Granny Zhao helplessly returned to report. Not long later, Xuan Tian Ming’s imperial carriage arrived in front of the county princess’ manor. Feng Yu Heng brought along Wang Chuan and Huang Quan while pushing the wheelchair out.

The group went to the Xiang Palace like this. When Feng Yu Heng got out of the imperial carriage, the Xiang Palace’s guards were all solemn. When Duan Mu Qing returned yesterday, he had only told Xuan Tian Ye about Feng Yu Heng wanting to come and give a gift; however, he did not tell the servants to welcome her. Thus, for the guards, county princess coming was all too sudden, and… it was scary.

That’s right, scary. One of the younger guards even felt their teeth clack against each other. Gently using their elbow to prod the person at their side, he looked to the side and quietly asked: “Why has she come?”

The one to the side also felt his head swell. At the time, Feng Yu Heng had whipped the third prince in front of the palace, taking half of the dignified third prince’s life. The guards of the palace were nearly scared to death.

After nearly half a year, county princess Ji An had come to the palace once more. What was she here to do?

A larger guard said with a trembling voice: “She shouldn’t have come for a fight, right? Oh my heavens, his Highness the third prince is still lying in bed. If they were to fight again, would he not breathe his last breath?”

While the two spoke, Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming had already walked up the steps to the entrance. The guards looked at Feng Yu Heng, who had already left a deep impression on the entire Xiang Palace. They then looked at Xuan Tian Ming, who had regained his mobility at some unknown point. The shadow in their hearts gradually expanded.

Someone gritted their teeth and went forward, saluting and asking: “Your Highness, county princess, you two are…”

Feng Yu Heng jutted out her small chin and said: “We came to visit third brother. I have not seen him for many months. I wonder if his injuries have gotten any better.”

These words were like lines out of a play to the ears of the guards. These two had come to visit?

But even if they did not believe them, what could they do? One was a prince and one was a county princess. Neither of them could be offended, so they could only quickly go in to report. Not long later, it was Duan Mu Qing that personally came out to welcome them into the palace.