435

County Princess Gives Gifts

“County princess Ji An grants the guests from Feng Tong 18 main dishes, six cold dishes and four soups!”

“County princess Ji An grants the guests from Feng Tong 32 bolts of fabric for clothing and the county princess’ manor’s tailor to make the clothing!”

“County princess Ji An grants the guests from Feng Tong one fruit pastry each!”

“County princess Ji An grants the guests from Feng Tong 100 taels of silver each!”

The Feng manor began dinner with this announcement, as large amounts of servants from Tong Sheng pavilion entered the dining room. All of them wore very odd clothes and shoes. The clothes were made from some unknown material that was see-through and came with a hat. Both men and women wore the same thing with their clothes underneath. The shoes that they wore were boots, and they were also made of an unknown material; however, no matter if it was the clothes or boots, they were completely waterproof. Like this, they walked around in the rain without umbrellas, and they did not look to be in a bad state.

The things were brought over by Qing Yu. The dishes were placed on the table, and she turned to salute the matriarch and the granduncles. Only then did she say: “County princess heard that guests have come, thus she informed the manor’s chef to prepare some food to be sent over here. With the recent heavy rain, the families that usually send food into the city have been blocked. The capital has not had any fresh food deliveries in a few days. County princess was thinking that the Feng manor would definitely be suffering shortages. Fortunately, the county princess’ manor has a reserve in the cellar. Thus the food was prepared and sent over.” While saying this, she looked at the table. Before the food that they had brought was placed on the table, even pickled vegetables were not present. This truly was not a normal level of shabbiness.

The matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan’s faces were a little black, but they had to admit that the Feng family did indeed not have many reserves. They had plenty of grains, as there was a large amount saved up, and it could be preserved; however, vegetables and meat were not things that could be kept for long periods of time. For this large family to eat, they had run out a long time ago. At first, they were thinking that if they still could not buy vegetables for another few days, they would need to eat pickled vegetables every day.

The people from the old home knew that Feng Yu Heng was a county princess. Earlier, Feng Jin Yuan had said that county princess had her own manor, and since it was raining so heavily, he would not call her over to eat together. Who knew that girl would be so kind and actually send food over. The second granduncle and third granduncle quickly stood up to kneel and give thanks, but they were stopped by Qing Yu: “Would the two elders please not be so courteous. County princess said that the Feng family is in mourning today and feared that Official Feng would not be in the mood to take care of the guests. She would have to put in some effort to ensure that nobody suffers any grievances.” While saying this, she pointed at the bolts of cloth and continued: “The county princess’ manor has a tailor ready. This servant has already brought her over. When you have finished dinner, we will have her take everyone’s measurements to make your clothes. All of the expenses will be taken care of by the county princess’ manor. Also,” She took out some banknotes and handed them to the second granduncle: “Each banknote is worth 100 taels of silver. Every person gets one. Please take care of them. There is also some shattered silver for everyone to use normally.”

The second granduncle’s eyes became moist, “A-Heng… that’s not right. County princess really was thorough in her thinking. The Feng family taking us in was already a grand grace. Who knew that she would be so kind. It’s no loss that she is the Feng family’s daughter of the first wife! Good! Good!”