539

Accept the World’s Review

In practically the instant that Feng Fen Dai saw the two, she made a decision: Go upstairs.

Up what stairs? The stairs of a tea house.

In this alley, there was a two-storied tea house. Without even thinking, Fen Dai quickly rushed inside then tosses a silver dollar over to a clerk that had come over. She said: “I want a private room that faces the West. There’s no need for tea. Just make sure that nobody comes inside.”

Because she had the support of the fifth prince, Fen Dai was living quite well. At the very least, she was not lacking any money. The clerk of the tea house did not understand the motivations behind this young miss coming to a tea house and paying but asking to not have tea, but running a shop in the capital, what sort of thing had he not seen before. Based on Fen Dai’s clothes, it was clear that she was a young miss from a large family. No matter what this sort of noble person was doing, questions could not be asked. He received the money and only nodded. He did not even ask before allowing Fen Dai to rush to the second floor on her own.

The private rooms on the second floor that faced West had windows that could be pushed open, which would allow one to see the situation in the alley below. Fen Dai entered the room and closed the door. She then carefully pushed the window open a crack and just happened to see one of the people stuff something into the other person’s hand. She did not know what that thing was. She just felt that it was very small, and it was wrapped in a red silk bag. It could be completely concealed in just one hand.

Of course, she was not thinking about what that thing could be. What caused her to be most shocked was that she truly never could have thought that the Xiao Jing that everyone in the Feng family had failed to find, including the Cheng shi sisters and Feng Yu Heng, would actually be found by her. She was truly unable to imagine just how much courage it took for Xiao Jing to remain in the capital, and…

Squinting her eyes, she turned her gaze on Xiao Jing’s belly. Her flat belly allowed her to immediately understand why she was able to disappear from under everyone in the Feng family’s eyes. The Feng family had been misled. Everyone had been misled. Xiao Jing was not pregnant. Back then, the Feng family had been looking for a pregnant woman. How could they possibly find her.

That’s right, Fen Dai immediately recognized Xiao Jing. It had to be said that aside from Feng Jin Yuan, the only person in the Feng family that had a deep impression of Xiao Jing was Fen Dai. During the New Year’s banquet, she had angered the Emperor, and it was Kang Yi that had saved her. She had then followed Kang Yi back to the post house for a few days. Xiao Jing was one of Kang Yi’s personal maidservants. Since she had interacted with her for many days, her impression of her was much more profound.

After calculating it a little, Xiao Jing’s flat belly led to two possibilities. One was that she was never pregnant to begin with. The other was that the child was aborted. It was impossible that she gave birth normally. No matter how she thought about it, the dates did not line up; however, if she really did have an abortion, how could she look as though nothing was wrong despite suffering a great injury?

Xiao Jing’s sudden appearance caused Fen Dai to feel a little confused. She was a little unable to understand whether or not Feng Jin Yuan knew that she was still in the capital or not. Should she tell Feng Jin Yuan about what she had seen today? Also…

Fen Dai’s heart sank slightly then rose a little before sinking once more. The reason for this abrupt swing in emotions was not entirely because of Xiao Jing. Compared to suddenly seeing Xiao Jing, what caused Fen Dai to feel even more shocked was the girl that received the thing from Xiao Jing.