405

New From the Board of Astronomy

Duan Mu Qing gave the note to Feng Jin Yuan. On it, there were the third prince’s, Xuan Tian Ye’s, eight characters.

Feng Jin Yuan furrowed his brow tightly. He was truly unable to understand what exactly they were thinking. With things as they were, could it be that he could still have his daughter marry into the Xiang Palace?

He was filled with anger and wanted the throw the note back at Duan Mu Qing’s face, but the hand that was already raised was unable to throw it away because Duan Mu Qing had completely frozen him. He said: “Prime minister Feng, think carefully. Who can the Feng family hope to rely on now? Who still dares to give you guys hope?”

Feng Jin Yuan’s back went cold. That’s right. Presently, the Feng family could not compare with the past. Something had happened with Qian Zhou, and it was already pretty good that the Feng family did not get in trouble too. Could it be that they could still hope for the Emperor to treat him as he had before? Now, everything was done to give Feng Yu Heng face, but, without speaking of how this ruler was like a tiger, the ninth prince was already hard to predict, and the Emperor was practically the same as him. Who knew when they would suddenly go back on their word. As for that second daughter, Feng Yu Heng, that was a temper that was even harder to understand! With that incident involving Yao shi, Feng Yu Heng hung that servant in front of Pine courtyard and beat her to death. Pointing straight at him, she cursed at him, completely tearing away his face. To have the large Feng family rely on her to survive, was that reasonable?

Buan Mu Qing saw that Feng Jin Yuan put down the hand that he had raised, as a gloomy smile surfaced on his face. He then continued: “Prime minister Feng, think carefully. You and the third prince have been tied together with the same rope for so long. Even if you truly desire to make a change, who would believe you? It’s likely that any prince you support would get rid of you first after they stabilize their position. Also, do you believe that anyone dares to accept the Feng manor that has had a deep relation with Qian Zhou? Oh, I heard that your marriage has already been annulled. What a pity. One day married leads to a never-ending relationship. This is something that nobody will forget.”

A cold sweat appeared on Feng Jin Yuan’s body, as he glared at Duan Mu Qing. He coldly snorted then said: “The third prince is already crippled. Could it be that he still desires to ascend the throne?”

Duan Mu Qing gently retorted: “You must not forget who caused those injuries. My Duan Mu family has not come to settle its debts with you. Instead, it came to ask for a marriage. This is already considered a wager. Prime minister Feng, it would be best not to push people too hard.”

“Hahaha!” Feng Jin Yuan laughed for a while. He pointed at Duan Mu Qing and said: “You also know that the injuries to his body were caused by my second daughter? Then you should know why A-Heng went and whipped him, right! A prince went to harm a woman, yet he still could not do it properly. Just based on his abilities, he still wants to ascend the throne? This prime minister is truly too disappointed! He is lacking in ability, and he is lacking in knowledge. He is a grown man that was unable to beat a young girl, yet you still have the gall to speak about settling a debt? Really.” Feng Jin Yuan spoke while waving his hand, “Whatever, if you wish to settle the debt, go find that girl. This prime minister wants to see if your Duan Mu family really has that much ability to settle a debt with her.”

Duan Mu Qing’s face had truly turned green. Feng Yu Heng was truly a hurdle that the Duan Mu family could not get over. Not to mention the willful ninth prince supporting her, she now had the ability to produce steel. She had become something similar to a national treasure. Just based on this, there was not a single person that could touch her.