528

Husband, It’s My Dowry

That was how people were. When something had not yet been done, one would feel afraid to do it or feel that it could not be done. But once they had truly done it, it would immediately become: This isn’t much!

In the past, Zi Rui had never thought that there would come a day when he would raise a knife and cut off another person’s fingers; however, the world was unpredictable. It was the exact same as him never thinking that his finger would be cut off by someone else. Feng Yu Heng’s words replayed in his mind, “A person that is not vicious cannot remain steady! If a person is not vicious, they cannot remain steady!”

Elder sister was right! If he wanted to become strong, he had to be vicious!

Zi Rui gritted his teeth and moved the military knife in his hand. All five of the living people from Qian Zhou had their fingers cut off by this child in the blink of an eye.

Those people were also as strong as steel. They clenched their jaws tightly but still did not let out a single sound. But death’s arrival meant that death had arrived. At this time, Zi Rui was going so wild that Feng Yu Heng could not stop him. All five had become corpses in the blink of an eye.

The hatred inside his heart was not directed just at these people from Qian Zhou. The one that he hated the most was his father. These cuts today were practice. Sooner or later, there would come a day when his knife would be placed against Feng Jin Yuan’s neck. Who cared about thunder shaking the sky or any sort of heavenly retribution. With that sort of father, even if he had to die, he still did not want him!

Feng Yu Heng took a few steps forward and pulled the child into her embrace from behind. She could feel the child’s body trembling. There was hatred in this trembling along with horror. The horror of his first time killing someone would remain in his heart for many years. In fact, it would last for an entire lifetime, but at the same time, with this sort of hatred and horror, he would not speak as much about righteousness as Yao shi. His future would no longer be as difficult.

Xuan Tian Ming ordered for someone to take care of the corpses. Turning his head, he accurately located the owner of the boat that did not dare step forward. He waved to him: “Come here.”

The owner of the boat had been hiding the entire time. He had clearly heard the conversation between the two sides. He knew the identity of the person standing before him. At this time, when he heard Xuan Tian Ming call him over, he immediately scrambled forward then kneeled on the ground, loudly saying: “This lowly one greets your Highness the ninth prince! Your Highness, please spare my life!”

Xuan Tian Ming sneered, “What crime have you committed? Why do you beg this prince to spare your life?”

The person bowed once more: “This lowly one truly did not know that those people were from Qian Zhou and ended up letting them on the boat. This is the crime. This lowly one admits to this crime but begs your Highness to forgive this lowly one.” Having conducted the boat for many years, he was very smart. He knew what sort of person he could offend and what sort he could not. He was also able to tell what sort of person could not be reasoned with. Xuan Tian Ming was that sort of person! If he properly admitted his crimes, perhaps he could continue living; however, if he continued to refuse to admit it, he would most likely be slapped to death.

Xuan Tian Ming looked at him for a while and did not say anything. The boat owner had just received money to carry guests. For people from Qian Zhou to have snuck into Da Shun is a fault of his Xuan family. It’s not the fault of the citizens. Speaking of, it was him that had frightened his own citizens.

He sighed to himself internally and spoke with a gentler tone, “Get up. This matter is unrelated to you.” Following this, he asked: “Why did your boat turn back?”