596

Qian Zhou’s Ruler’s Safety Is at Risk

The change in the city wall caused both Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming to feel a tingle on their scalp. They realized that they had made a serious mistake.

Song Zhou City’s walls were hollow.

Countless boards began to move, as soldiers began to appear one by one; however, they did not charge forward. Instead, they raised bows and arrows and began to shoot at where they stood.

Although Feng Yu Heng could see that they were not tracking shots, with the enemy having numerous people shooting numerous arrows combined with the strange movements of the wall, the rain of arrows in the wind and snow immediately caused her and Xuan Tian Ming to get separated.

Both of them pulled out their whips and began swinging them around. At the same time, they desperately tried to get closer to each other. Xuan Tian Ming even began to wave his cloak around, catching bundle after bundle of arrows with it; however, these arrows continued to be shot toward him.

Finally, the two got a little closer together, and Feng Yu Heng heard Xuan Tian Ming shout: “Think of a way to get down.” After saying this, he suddenly used qinggong and soared down the city wall. He had chosen to jump into the city. While soaring, his movements were very mysterious. Moving in a weird manner, he managed to avoid all of the arrows.

Feng Yu Heng understood that the reason he chose to jump down first was to not be a deadweight because Xuan Tian Ming knew that with the two separating, she could not bring him with her into the space. This allowed Feng Yu Heng to hide inside without need to worry about him. That’s why he jumped down first, allowing Feng Yu Heng to use her space to follow after.

She went with this plan. When Xuan Tian Ming jumped, she immediately moved her right hand to her left wrist, entering her space. She then used the space in the room to appear, again and again, finally arriving behind Xuan Tian Ming, not too long after him. She also landed at his side.

The two met up and immediately clasped hands. The force of this was quite strong, as though they wanted to fuse their hands together, never to be separated again.

Xuan Tian Ming led her along in a hasty retreat, rushing toward a large street in the city while opening up some distance from the city wall to stay out of range of the archers.

But after running for a while, they found that the enemy did not chase after them. It was just that the top of the wall fell silent once more in an instant.

However, the silence was temporary. Very quickly, countless soldiers rushed out from the boards on the icy ground. Like ghouls from the underworld, they gave chase with swords held high. In the blink of an eye, the two were completely surrounded. At the same time, the thunderous sound of a beating drum filled their ears. Following this came the sound of a horn. The army continued to march to the beat of the drum. Moving in a mystical manner, the layers of people continued to move like a moving human wall.

Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming stood back to back and vigilantly observed the changes. After a while, Xuan Tian Ming said: “It’s Qian Zhou’s thousand wall formation.”

She was puzzled, “What is a thousand wall formation?”

He said: “It’s a battle formation composed of at least 5000 people. It uses a drum and horn to keep the beat and complete the changes necessary in the formation.”

While speaking, the sound of the drum grew louder and louder. Feng Yu Heng watched a group of soldiers suddenly stabbed their swords forward with the beating of the drum. Even for someone adept at dodging like her, a button was cut off.