565

This Imperial Daughter Will Make a Deal with You

At this moment, Feng Yu Heng and Ban Zou were lying on a wall across from the palace. Because she was holding a tranquilizer gun, causing the hidden guards to mysteriously fall to their deaths or to severe injury, and because of the fire that burned down more and more of the palace, Duan Mu An Guo had no choice but to give up on the chase. As for the people in the area, there were those that ran and those that hid, and there were even some bolder people that came to watch the excitement. With the burning palace catching everyone's attention, nobody noticed that the two that had run off far away had stealthily returned.

Feng Yu Heng propped her chin on her hands and looked down. While watching, she asked Ban Zou: "Say, my grand gift shouldn't cause Xuan Tian Ming to lose face, right?"

Ban Zou curled his lips up into a sly smile and replied: "It's not just that he didn't lose face. He gained too much face."

Feng Yu Heng said very seriously: "Then that's good." After saying this, she continued to watch the burning palace.

Inside the palace, all of the servants had already evacuated. There was nothing that they could do to put out this fire. Fortunately, their masters had already run away. There were not many servants that had gotten injured, but there were quite a few guards that had died. At this time, the corpses burned in this fire, causing a unique smell to waft out.

Because the palace was highest existence in Song Zhou, there were no homes surrounding it. This was the only residence on this entire street. That was why this fire only consumed the palace. In addition to the snow falling from the sky, the fire burned brightly in one place; however, it did not spread outside.

Feng Yu Heng was very satisfied with her arson technique.

The two watched the excitement for a little longer before Ban Zou advised her: "Let's go. We need to think of a way to get out of the city. Let's meet up with Qian Li's army before we figure out our next steps."

"Why leave the city?" Feng Yu Heng was unhappy, "I finally managed to get in, and I haven't finished my business. Why must I leave now?"

"The palace has already been burned. What else do you want to do?" Ban Zou tried desperately to advise her: "Master, revered ancestor, let's go, alright? Do you know how dangerous Song Zhou city will become after this? Do you know just how crazy Duan Mu An Guo will be to try and capture you? Just setting a fire is enough. You did not eat a loss, and he had to pay up. Is this still not enough? What exactly are you wanting to do?"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head. Taking a deep breath, she told Ban Zou: "The reason that I came to the North was not to set fire to their leader's palace. In truth, before you appeared, I never thought of doing this. Starting this fire was nothing more than an impulse. It's considered me extending a greeting to that old criminal, Duan Mu An Guo. The reason that I came to the North is to find out if the three provinces and Qian Zhou are truly connected and to what degree they are connected. Also, what exactly was Duan Mu An Guo's goal by rebelling against Da Shun and defecting to Qian Zhou?"

With her saying this, Ban Zou also calmed down and thought carefully. He no longer continued to urge her, only saying: "I am your hidden guard. Either way, wherever you go, I will follow."

Feng Yu Heng put aside her seriousness and patted Ban Zou's shoulder with a smile: "Although I said that you are indeed truly a nuisance, as a whole, you are the best hidden guard. This older sister figures it would be best to forgive you."

The corners of Ban Zou's lips twitched, and he did not say anything else. In his mind, however, he was thinking about where would be best to go if they did not leave the city. The inns were definitely no good, but they could not stay on the streets, right?