538

An Easy Target

This shout nearly scared Xuan Tian Hua to death. The person that had been sitting on the seat nearly fell off, as a cold sweat began to drip from his head.

This voice was… imperial concubine Yun?

“Hua’er…” While Xuan Tian Hua was thinking about it, an urgent voice spoke up once more.

He trembled and quickly stood up from his seat before taking a look down below. Very well, he resigned himself to the fact that the refined and elegant imperial concubine Yun was lying flat under the seat and looking at him with a bitter and pleading expression.

The driver outside heard what sounded like a female voice come from inside the carriage. In his confusion, he turned around and asked: “Your Highness? Is something the matter?”

Xuan Tian Hua immediately raised his voice to say: “It’s fine. Just keep moving forward.” He then helped imperial concubine Yun be seated before helplessly saying: “Imperial concubine mother, how did you get out of the palace?”

Imperial concubine Yun waved her hand, “Don’t worry about this. Either way, I have already come out. You should also stop calling me imperial concubine mother. When we’re out here, we should remain low-key.”

Xuan Tian Hua smiled bitterly and shook his head, “There’s really nothing I can do with you. But there is nothing that can be discussed here. Mother, son will be sending you back now. Stop.”

Before he could finish saying “stop the carriage” imperial concubine Yun covered his mouth tightly. When she did this, she put in a little too much strength, and Xuan Tian Hua bumped his head against the carriage. Imperial concubine Yun felt quite bad about it. While raising a hand to rub his head, she threatened him, saying: “If you dare send me back to the palace, I will expose the matter of you liking A-Heng.”

These words shocked Xuan Tian Hua, causing him to nearly bite her finger off! Imperial concubine Yun pulled her hand back and shook is a few times then sat next to Xuan Tian Hua’s original location. Pulling out a pastry from her sleeve, and happily began to enjoy it.

The deity-like Xuan Tian Hua was actually rendered completely speechless by the shock caused by imperial concubine Yun. He had a dumbfounded look on his face, and the changes in his expression were many and amazing.

Roughly one stick of incense of time later, Xuan Tian Hua finally found the strength to recover. His expression became slightly more normal; however, he asked her in confusion: “Mother, Ming’er and I are both going to battlefields. Why have you chosen me?”

Imperial concubine Yun replied in a natural manner: “Because you are easier to talk to.”

Xuan Tian Hua: “…” It turned out that he was just an easy target!

Imperial concubine Yun shoved the remaining half of the pastry into Xuan Tian Hua’s mouth with a smile. Only then did she say: “Hua’er, it’s not like you don’t know your ninth brother’s temper. If I chose to with him, we would have already turned back toward the capital. Say, with him being with his wife, which of them is easy to handle! Also, ever since a young age, hasn’t mother doted on you the most! I have never gone to live in his Yu Palace, but I have lived in your Chun Palace. Tell me, which one am I closer to?”

Xuan Tian Hua facepalmed. This was not the way to describe things. Reaching up to pull the pastry from his mouth, he still took a bite. While eating, he asked: “With mother running out like this, how can things possibly go well with father Emperor.” He could already foresee what sort of trouble would be caused once the Emperor found out that imperial concubine Yun was no longer there. Thinking about it, the palace would not enjoy many peaceful days.