561

Giving You a New Wife

Madam Lu would naturally stay at Qian Xi's side. It was just that it was not for the sake of suppressing her fear. Instead, it was for the sake of keeping an eye on her, such that she did not run away.

Feng Yu Heng washed up then applied makeup. Although she did not wear a shawl, her hair was still covered properly. Satisfied with holding tightly onto madam Lu, she was led out of the inn. Amidst the laments of the other guests staying at the inn, she went through the front door and climbed onto a sedan prepared by the palace. The granny that had come to teach her rules and madam Lu stood on opposite sides of the sedan. Like matchmakers, they followed closely.

Feng Yu Heng sat inside the sedan and closed her eyes to rest. In regards to the leader of the North's palace, she was filled with curiosity and expectation.

When the sedan arrived at the gates, the palace was already filled with people. Everyone had come for Duan Mu An Guo's birthday celebration, and it was very lively. A portion of the officials from Da Shun had already thought things through. Either way, they could not leave. Either way, they would lose their lives. It would be better to just remain in this place. Perhaps they would be able to find a better way out.

The sedan stopped outside for a moment, as the granny and madam Lu went to help Feng Yu Heng out of the sedan. She heard someone quietly whisper: "I heard that she isn't of marriageable age. She is even younger than the last one."

"Lord Duan Mu's hobby really is becoming more and more profound."

The granny held her a little tighter, practically dragging Feng Yu Heng into the palace. After countless turns, the noise from the front yard gradually began to diminish. Only after they entered a small courtyard did they manage to leave the uproar behind. The granny let out a "tsk tsk" and said to her: "Lord leader has shown quite a great deal of favor toward you. This courtyard is apparently one that the fifth madam, who was his most favored, had lived in. It's just that the fifth concubine's life was too short, dying after just two months. From that moment on, great leader has kept this courtyard off-limits. In order to memorialize the fifth madam, he has never allowed any other concubines to enter." While she spoke, she did her best to hold onto Feng Yu Heng's hand, reminding her: "Remember what you said last night. After entering the palace, if you end up having a bright future, you must not forget about me."

Feng Yu Heng said in a joyful and celebratory voice: "Granny's grace, Qian Xi definitely will not forget about it."

"Oh!" Madam Lu also became anxious, "Qian Xi, don't only remember granny. You also have this master here. I am the benefactor that allowed you to enter the great leader's palace."

Feng Yu Heng sneered to herself internally but still spoke in an extremely grateful voice. She suddenly stopped and grabbed madam Lu's hand: "Madam, Qian Xi is truly very nervous and need to go to the toilet. I don't recognize the way around this palace. Madam, can you accompany me?"

Madam Lu was stunned, "You need to go to the toilet?" She then glanced at the granny, very clearly looking to see if there were any objections.

The granny thought for a bit then nodded, "Go ahead." While saying this, she pointed in a direction, "It's in that direction. Stay close to her. You must not allow the new young madam to get lost."

Madam Lu knew that fearing that she would get lost was not real. Fearing that she would run away was real, thus she held onto Feng Yu Heng very tightly, practically as though she was escorting a criminal.

Feng Yu Heng's ears moved slightly and paid close attention to the movements outside. After they made a turn, madam Lu stopped and suddenly lifted part of the headcover then said to her: "We've arrived. Go in on your own. I will wait for you out here." As the noble madam of an official's family, it would be impossible for her to accompany a maidservant into the outhouse, even if this girl was about to become Duan Mu An Guo's concubine.