578

Comrades Must be Loyal

Normally speaking, buying medicine was not something that should be done by Fu Ya. With the situation at its apex, she should have done her best to avoid going out where she could be seen. However, by sheer coincidence, master Fu stepped on some ice and lost his balance, twisting his ankle. Not only did Fu Ya need to go out to fetch medicine for Jiang shi, she also needed to get medicine for her father’s twisted ankle. That is the reason that she had no choice but to go out.

She did her best to take preventative measures; however, she was still unlucky. Normally speaking, this small blunder would not have caused anyone to have become suspicious, but most unfortunately, the two girls were none other than the two girls that had been at the side of the Qi family’s daughter. The two had been kicked out of the Illusory Hall because they had failed to reach their standards. They were already feeling unreconciled, and they had a deep impression of the girl named Fu Ya because of the death of the Qi family’s daughter. It was to the point that just a passing glance on the street allowed one of the girls to take notice of her, even though she had rapidly put the bamboo hat back in place.

Once the girl asked this, the girl at her side immediately stopped and stared wide-eyed, asking back: “You also saw it?”

“Is it really her?” The two could not help but be extremely shocked. At the same time, they looked all around, and one of them said: “It does not seem like her Highness Prince Lian has come out, but since she has gone with Prince Lian, why has she come out on her own?”

With these doubts given voice, the two followed behind her. They followed her to a medicine shop then followed her back to her residence from the medicine shop. Only after Fu Ya entered the Fu family residence did the two realize that something was not quite right.

However, Fu Ya did not know about any of this.

The misfortune unraveled that night. Before the disaster arrived, Fu Ya was speaking to Jiang shi about why there would be a girl that looked so similar to her. The mother and daughter were still analyzing what sort of person that girl was. At this time, the main gate of the Fu residence was kicked open, and countless people entered carrying torches, swords and spears.

This time, Duan Mu An Guo had personally made the trip. When the guards had brought Fu Ya to him, Duan Mu An Guo was given a start then immediately understood the situation at hand. Waving his hand, he gave the order: “Go to the posthouse! Search for Da Shun’s imperial daughter Ji An!”

The words imperial daughter Ji An gave the people of the Fu family a scare. They never could have expected that the girl that looked like Fu Ya to be of such a noble background, but at the same time, they also understood that this crisis where the family would be broken up would be inevitable.

However, when Jiang shi asked Duan Mu An Guo about how the Fu family would be taken care of, Duan Mu An Guo told her: “Sent into the Winter Palace and secretly imprisoned.”

In Qian Zhou’s posthouse, Feng Yu Heng was seated beside Prince Lian’s bed, her head drooping from sleepiness. Prince Lian sat cross-legged on the bed and began to chat full of vigor: “I thought about it yesterday. Although ghost stories are scary, they’re better than not hearing anything. That’s why, Ya Ya, tell me a few ghost stories today!”

Feng Yu Heng glared at her then coldly said: “Your hair is scattered, your lips are red, you have dark bags under your eyes, and your stare is blank. You yourself look like a ghost. Who are you really wanting to listen to?”

Prince Lian raised a hand and felt her own face, smiling slightly awkwardly, “Isn’t this the result of not getting enough sleep yesterday! I have been fighting with myself this entire time. I have been analyzing whether or not I could handle a ghost story. Hah, how about you use me to make up a ghost story. Should I be a long-lived ghost or a headless ghost or would a ghost that is neither man nor woman be good? If those are still no good, how about something being changed by a fox spirit? How about you make one about a beautiful ghost based on my beauty.”