543

Paying Respects to Imperial Concubine Yun

“Those are lower-class singers.” Wang Chuang lowered her head and said to Feng Yu Heng: “Do you see that man? He is the master of these singers. They frequently travel all over to perform in various places. In reality, the places that they perform are mostly brothels.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded. She had already guessed their identities, but it was because of this that she was puzzled upon seeing a certain girl.

She furrowed her brow slightly then unfurrowed it. She must have made a mistake. After all, despite not seeing that person for a long time, that person should not have fallen to such a degree.

After getting on the boat, they headed straight toward the elegant rooms. Because Wang Chuan and Yuan Fei stayed together in a room, it would inevitably be a little troubling. She quietly negotiated with Feng Yu Heng: “How about I go next door to sleep at night?”

Huang Quan laughed at her: “When we went out on missions in the past, did men and women not sleep in the same bed before. What was there to it! Wang Chuan, don’t be shy!”

Wang Chuan glared at her but thought about it and arrived at the same conclusion, thus she did not say anything else; however, she changed the subject, reminding Feng Yu Heng: “While looking at those children before we boarded the boat, I was thinking the entire time. There shouldn’t be anything off about the child that we bought last time, right? She secretly snuck into the imperial carriage. Is this something that really is just a coincidence?”

Feng Yu Heng waved her hand and did not mind, only saying: “Zi Rui having a partner is good. She’s just a young child. Even if she has ulterior motives, Zi Rui should be able to think for himself. He is no longer young. Having experienced that matter, he should have grown a little. While maturing, he will experience bumps and setbacks.”

Hearing Feng Yu Heng say it like this, Wang Chuan also calmed down. After the group finished making arrangements, Huang Quan and Feng Yu Heng returned to the room next door to rest.

When they were entering their room, the guests in the neighboring room were walking over. It was a middle-aged couple. The woman was rather fat. Although she could not compare to Chen shi in size, she had a bit of a fierce look in her eyes. The man, however, looked a bit like an intellectual. Taking the initiative to open the door for the woman, a sliver of fear could be seen.

There was a maidservant following behind the two that looked to be just under 20-years-old and wore a pale-blue dress. Although she had her hair tied up in a servant’s hairstyle, she had an irritated look on her face. From time to time, she would glance at the middle-aged man, her eyes filled with iciness. She was also extremely careful to avoid the fat woman.

Feng Yu Heng was immediately able to understand what was happening and could not help but snort coldly to herself. Rolling her eyes in disdain, she entered her own room. At this time, she could faintly hear the woman next door say: “We must secure the things that we brought. If the gifts that have been prepared for Lord Duan Mu are able to calm him, as long as he gives the word, there will be no need for you to be just a lowly local magistrate.”

Feng Yu Heng stopped in her tracks then quickly recovered. After the Emperor had publically executed the member of Qian Zhou’s divine archery team that they had brought back, the prologue to the battle between Da Shun and Qian Zhou could be said to have begun. But in regards to the matter of the North defecting to the enemy, the report that had come from 800 li away had finally arrived. Da Shun, however, did not announce it to the public for fear of creating panic. For a lowly local magistrate to remain in the dark was quite normal. It was just that this magistrate had also put in some work. His desire to earn a promotion led him to the North, and he had chosen to specifically go during the time around the New year to present a gift to Duan Mu An Guo. These kinds of thoughts were quite rare.