436

Can This Sort of Thing Be Called a Father?

Feng Jin Yuan left the hall. When he returned, he had brought a deed. He handed the deed in his hand to Zhang Yuan, and Zhang Yuan received it then looked at it. He then handed another deed to Feng Jin Yuan, “Lord Feng, take care of it. This matter shall be considered resolved. Since the heavy rain has not stopped, his Majesty said that the Feng family can continue staying here for a few more days. You shall move when the rain has let up a little.”

The Feng family gave thanks for this “grace” then watched Zhang Yuan arrogantly strutted off, leaving the Feng manor under the Emperor’s canopy. Fen Dai casually remarked: “He’s just a eunuch, but why does he seem even more arrogant than a prince?”

The matriarch glared at her: “Disaster stems from words that were said! Shut your mouth!”

This gave Fen Dai a fright, rendering her too scared to say another word.

Cheng Jun Man glanced at Feng Jin Yuan and directly noticed that he was feeling a little shaken. The deed had become crumpled in his hands, and his knuckles had become white from being clenched too tightly. She raised the corner of her lips and said: “Husband, take care of the deed. Do not ruin it.”

Only then did Feng Jin Yuan recover, quickly straightening the deed. He then said to the matriarch: “Right now, there is no need to think about anything. Everything can wait until after the rain has stopped.”

The matriarch nodded. She also knew that they could not leave until the rain had stopped. She could only take care of everyone and have them continue eating. Feng Jin Yuan, however, had his own thoughts…

The next day, Xuan Tian Ming left the county princess’ manor after eating breakfast, bringing Ban Zou directly over to the imperial palace. Feng Yu Heng lazed about in bed for a while. Just as she was about to get up, Wang Chuan entered and told her: “Lord Feng has arrived.”

She furrowed her brow: “Why did he come here again?”

Wang Chuan said: “Older madam brought news saying that eunuch Zhang came to the Feng manor yesterday during dinner time. He exchanged deeds with lord Feng.”

“Exchanged?” Feng Yu Heng frowned, “Where did he get a deed to exchange?”

Wang Chuan shook her head, saying: “This is not too clear, but the older madam said that lord Feng did indeed exchange the Feng manor’s deed with eunuch Zhang for the deed of the manor’s in the Southwest side.”

Feng Yu Heng pondered for a while and whispered to herself: “He shouldn’t have created a fake to fool them, right?” She then stood up, “Let’s go take a look.”

When she arrived, Feng Jin Yuan had already waited in the hall for a while. Seeing Feng Yu Heng come out, Feng Jin Yuan felt a surprising anger well up. No matter how he looked at this daughter, he felt irritated, and his words became thorny, “Do you not even pay attention to the time? For you to have only just gotten up, you really do lack discipline!”

Feng Yu Heng shrugged and walked over to the main seat. While sipping on tea, she said: “I am in my own manor. I can get up whenever I want to get up. If you cannot get used to it, just get out.”

Feng Jin Yuan slammed the table in anger. Pointing at Feng Yu Heng, he continued: “You still have not married, yet you kept a man at your manor. The Feng family’s face has been completely lost by you!”

“Oh!” Feng Yu Heng let out a laugh, “The Feng family still had a face to lose? Feng Chen Yu losing her virtue before her marriage has already become a matter of laughter for the entire capital. Just how much face does your Feng family have that this did not cause it to be completely lost? To be able to leave some for me?” The more she said, the more she felt it was funny. “If you truly feel that Xuan Tian Ming living here is not good, go to the Yu Palace to talk about it. Or go into the palace to face his Majesty. Make sure to properly tell father Emperor about it… Oh right, how embarrassing. I forgot. You no longer have the right to enter the palace as you please, Official Feng.”