576

Human Flesh Dumplings

On the 29th of the twelfth month, the fire at Duan Mu An Guo’s birthday banquet had become a memory that would be hard to forget in this life. For the members of the Duan Mu family especially, that was a disaster, a humiliation and that had caused feelings of horror and danger to burrow themselves into their hearts.

Prince Lian had turned the topic of discussion to that large fire, and Duan Mu Cong’s expression immediately changed. The fingers that held the cup of wine suddenly held it tighter, and his arm slightly trembled. Even his eyes revealed a fiery look, as he said through gritted teeth: “The Duan Mu family will definitely get revenge for that!”

Prince Lian went “pft” and immediately began laughing, “Get revenge?” She wagged her finger, “I fear that is impossible! This prince heard that this fire was started by Da Shun’s imperial daughter Ji An. She’s just a girl in her early teens, yet nobody in your entire manor was able to catch her. Instead, she was able to take care of half of your manpower. With just this bit of ability, you want to get revenge?”

While discussing this matter, the disclosure of weakness was what they feared most. Chatting idly was perfectly fine, but once a weakness was exposed, they would not like to hear this. Yet Prince Lian did not take the common route. Instead, she specifically prodded at the Duan Mu family’s sore spot. Time and time again, how could this be permitted!

Duan Mu Cong was on the verge of a mental disorder from being angered by her. He was still able to maintain his consciousness; however, he had lost the majority of his ability to reason. The Prince Lian that he did not dare offend was now someone that he was prepared to go to war with. Expose weakness? He could also do it, “Hmph! Back then, Qian Zhou sent out its Divine Archery team to Da Shun to kidnap that imperial daughter’s younger brother, hoping to use that to threaten the imperial daughter. What was the result? Weren’t the lives of all those guards and divine archers lost, and all that there was to show for it just the single finger from that child’s hand? We have both suffered the same, so neither can be ridiculed.”

Prince Lian covered her mouth and laughed. After a while, she said: “They were already a group of idiots; however, they still wanted to go against Da Shun, which has a foundation built over many centuries. If they don’t suffer a few losses, how can they learn their lesson. Moreover, there is someone responsible for every grievance and a debtor for every debt. They didn’t have the ability to fight against the ninth prince and imperial daughter Ji An, but they will take action against a child. They really are lacking in maturity.”

“Your Highness Prince Lian really is carefree.” Duan Mu An Guo heard this conversation and interjected, “Could it be that your Highness has forgotten how imperial daughter Ji An treated Qian Zhou’s princess Ru Jia?”

Prince Lian raised an eyebrow and looked at him, saying in a very confused tone: “Ru Jia is imperial cousin’s own niece but not this prince’s. What should this prince care! Despite Ru Jia’s personality, Kang Yi was still willing to bring her to Da Shun. This made it clear that she was sending her daughter there to die. If her own mother wanted her to die, why should I care.”

Duan Mu An Guo looked at Prince Lian for a while then stopped speaking. Duan Mu Cong, however, added: “As I see it, Qian Zhou only taking one finger from imperial daughter Ji An’s brother is too little for her. That little one should have been killed then turned into stuffing for dumplings.”

Prince Lian grimaced, saying with a disgusted and shocked tone: “It turned out that great leader’s son like to eat human flesh dumplings? That’s really quite good. The people that died at the great leader’s manor on the day before yesterday can be cut up for you to eat. They’ve even been roasted, so the taste should be even better.”