434

Town Leader Became the Third Fatty

Ever since their last trip to pay respects to their ancestors, although Feng Jin Yuan had not been removed from the genealogical records, the old clan elder had also said that it would be best if they did not interact in the future. Even Feng Jin Yuan’s grandfather’s grave could be taken away by them at any time, as long as they wanted to. At first, Feng Jin Yuan thought that they would never be able to return in this lifetime, and he thought even more that there would no longer be any interaction with the people from the old home. Who knew that the other side would take the initiative to come and visit them.

He snorted and said: “At that time, their words were so proud. When they chased us away, they did not give us any face. Now that they’ve been affected by a disaster, they have the face to come and seek us out?”

The matriarch was also a little unhappy. At that time, she had been scolded by the clan elder, completely tearing away at her face. Who knew that the situation would turn, and the people from the old Feng family would finally need to come and beg her.

“What sort of people have come?” The matriarch asked He Zhong, “Has the clan elder personally come?”

He Zhong shook his head, “The clan elder did not come. The ones that came were second granduncle and third granduncle. They also brought along some children. Altogether, there are over ten people!” He Zhong was a little troubled, “Elder madam, there are over ten people!”

The matriarch did not react for a while, “What’s wrong with there being over ten people?”

Cheng Jun Man reminded them from the side: “Since they have been affected by a disaster, they must have come to us to seek shelter. They will certainly ask to stay here. If this was under normal circumstances, it would be fine. The manor would be able to handle over ten people. Now, however, we are about to move out. Apparently, the other residence is very small.”

The matriarch slapped herself on the head, “What should we do?”

Cheng Jun Mei said: “We cannot have them wait at the entrance. We should go out and take a look.”

People had come from the old home. The matriarch naturally had to go and receive them. With the matriarch going, everyone else followed. Aside from the pregnant Han shi, who was left behind, the rest of the people in the Feng manor went over. Even An shi, who had been untied, also went out. The servants held up numerous umbrellas to block the rain for their masters, but it was raining too heavily. How could umbrellas block it all. In fact, some of the umbrellas became tattered by the wind.

When everyone finally managed to reach the front gate, they saw the adults and children standing outside. There was even one child that was crying loudly.

Feng Jin Yuan quickened his pace slightly and greeted the two older guys: “Second granduncle, third granduncle.”

The two elderly men looked to be in their 60s. Having been soaked by the rain, they looked to be in a very difficult situation. Their backs were slightly bent. Having escaped the disaster, their shoes had become tattered. Upon seeing Feng Jin Yuan, the older one quickly said: “We finally met you. Along the way here, a large number of people died. If we did not reach the capital, I fear that this old bag of bones would have also passed away.”

The matriarch glanced at him and asked coldly: “Why are you in such a sorry state?”

The man let out a sigh and replied: “Not to hide it from sister-in-law, but Feng Tong county has suffered from torrential rains for over a month, which finally led to a flood. The ancestral home has been washed away, and we desperately escaped from that place; however, plenty of people still died.”