573

You Touched Me?

It had to be said that Duan Mu An Guo’s Winter Palace looked magnificent and glorious to people that had never been to Da Shun’s imperial palace, but to Feng Yu Heng, who entered and exited the imperial palace as if it was her kitchen, this was clearly a smaller version of Da Shun’s imperial palace.

Thinking about it, the Duan Mu family’s founding member was extremely familiar with Da Shun’s imperial palace. It was passed down to Duan Mu An Guo’s generation, such that even if he had not been the imperial palace many times, he was still able to clearly remember every detail of the imperial palace.

Feng Yu Heng sneered to herself. Duan Mu An Guo, you have a bold ambition. Just the three northern provinces is not enough. Your appetite really is quite large.

The illusionist group entered the palace through the front then immediately turned left and followed a winding small path. Upon entering the palace, Feng Yu Heng saw Ban Zou dressed up like a guard while holding a spear in his hand. She held in a laugh and lowered her head to continue advancing; however, when she passed by Ban Zou, she forcefully stomped on his foot, succeeding in hearing a grunt from Ban Zou.

She had made use of the Illusory Hall to get into the Winter Palace; however, Ban Zou had used some unknown methods to enter the Winter Palace as a guard. Feng Yu Heng was even more certain of her hidden guard’s abilities.

The illusionists were led to a place called Li Huan Pavilion. This place was apparently behind where the 100 family banquet would be occurring. This was the most convenient place to reach the banquet hall. The woman with the surname Qi said: “Li Huan Pavilion was specially made by lord Duan Mu for our Illusory Hall. It has already been this way for over ten years. To be able to come here today is your good fortune.”

Another middle-aged man also said: “That’s right. Our illusion performance has always been the finale for the 100 family banquet. That’s why you still have time to prepare now. If you want to take a look at the Winter Palace, it is permitted, but limit your range of movement to within 100 paces of Li Huan Pavilion. This is also considered a special treatment that lord Duan Mu has granted us. After you have changed into your performance clothes, you can move as you please.”

The girls heard this and began to cheer. There were even some that gave their thanks to the middle-aged man.

Feng Yu Heng snorted internally, only thinking that there was no such thing as something unconditionally good. For the other side to actually give them this much freedom, there were clearly some ulterior motives.

She then looked at Shen Yu Ning and Zhang Ling Xi and found that the two also had worried expressions. Shen Yu Ning saw her look over, thus she pulled her over and quietly said: “They said that we can take a look at the Winter Palace, but who doesn’t know what sort of ideas they have. I heard the lord Duan Mu’s family’s sons will also frequent these sorts of banquets. For the sons, the thing that they value most is girls, and lord Duan Mu will always be magnanimous in handing them over. Even if the sons do not come, the grandsons will come. Lord Duan Mu himself might even come over. Over the years, it’s hard to say for certain just how many girls have been sent into the Duan Mu family by the Illusory Hall. For him to be able to stay in power for so many years without falling is not without its reasons.”

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed. The knowledge here was too complicated! But it did give her a proper excuse to get separated from the group. She said to the Shen and Zhang girls: “Since we’ve come, either way, there will be an ending. It would be better to wander around a bit. That way we won’t stand out so much if everyone else leaves.”

Zhang Ling Xi faintly sighed and was the first to leave the room, “Let’s go. Xiao Ya is right. Either way, the ending will come. Since we’ve already come, what is the point of arguing.”