406

If You Send Gifts, I Must Repay Them

Hearing that Duan Mu Qing wanted to see Feng Yu Heng, Feng Jin Yuan felt his head hurt. He could see anyone, yet he insisted on seeing that thorn? Also, whether or not he could see her, he could not decide this!

He helplessly said to Duan Mu Qing: “Deputy leader should have a bit of understanding of the Feng family. Although she is this prime minister’s daughter, this prime minister really cannot make any decisions for her. If you wish to see her, this prime minister can inform her, but whether or not she will come, I cannot say for certain.”

After Feng Jin Yuan said this, he sent someone to invite Feng Yu Heng. The two continued to drink tea and chat freely. After waiting for a full two hours, just as Feng Jin Yuan thought that Feng Yu Heng would not come Duan Mu Qing’s expression had become a little ugly, a servant finally came to tell them: “Second young miss has arrived.”

A chill ran through Feng Jin Yuan’s body, as he subconsciously became a little nervous. He truly despised this sort of natural reaction. Glancing at Duan Mu Qing, he saw that he was not looking at him. Only then did he calm down.

Not long later, Feng Yu Heng walked into the hall. The servant behind her was Wang Chuan.

Duan Mu Qing did not stand up, only raising his chin a little. Squinting his eyes slightly, he looked at her closely.

Observing Feng Yu Heng, she walked to the front of the hall. Without looking around, she revealed a smiling face and call out: “Father.”

Feng Jin Yuan nodded, “A-Heng, the deputy leader of the three northernmost provinces, Duan Mu Qing, wished to see you.”

Feng Yu Heng did not make a sound, as she walked over to a chair and sat down. She then received a cup of tea from a maidservant and took a sip before expressing some confusion: “Oh?” She immediately added: “Then where is he?”

Feng Jin Yuan suddenly wanted to laugh, but Duan Mu Qing’s face had truly turned green this time. He had heard all about Feng Yu Heng’s deeds, especially after the news of Xuan Tian Ye being severely injured made it to the North. He had people inquire about the county princess Ji An. Unfortunately, one hundred questions could not compare to meeting her directly. All of the rumors were unable to give him this feeling. Duan Mu Qing felt that with Feng Yu Heng taking a seat, the dignified prime minister, Feng Jin Yuan, had been completely suppressed.

But she was clearly just a 13-year-old little girl. Her arms and legs were thin. Where did she get this aura?

Feng Jin Yuan saw that the atmosphere was truly awkward. Based on Feng Yu Heng’s crooked personality, if he did not provide an introduction, perhaps she would just continue sitting there, pretending not to see Duan Mu Qing. There was nothing that he could do. He could only clear his throat then reach out to point at Duan Mu Qing, “This is the deputy leader, Duan Mu Qing.”

Only then did Feng Yu Heng turn to look; however, she looked at him with a very serious expression. After observing him for a long time, she finally let out an “oh” sound, “Duan Mu… what was it?”

Feng Jin Yuan facepalmed, “Qing, Duan Mu Qing.”

Only then did she noded; however, she did not speak. Instead, she looked over, seemingly as though she was waiting for something.

Duan Mu Qing was the same, and his gaze carried a cold aura that seemed to have come from the North. Like this, the two stared at each other, neither saying a word.

But Feng Yu Heng was light and indifferent, while Duan Mu Qing had a hostile look. In this contest, who won and who lost would be sorted out on its own.