[1]

rachel's pov

"it's very simple, chase." i stated. "i'll give you the products only if you give me the right profits."

"these so-called profits are completely insane!" he snapped.

"these profits are the lowest ones i can provide for you, there are other customers of mine that pay much higher than this." i sigh. "pay up or the contract will be severed, end of discussion. have a nice day, mr garfield."

grabbing my bag, i exited the office building and got into my private car, which drove me back to my head office. when i arrived, bella was waiting to greet me at the front steps.

"all gone well with mr garfield, miss alvarado?" she asks.

"just rachel for you, bella, in or out of work." i laughed. "and yes, everything ran rather smoothly, up until he refused to pay for proper costs. if we lose his company as a customer, we'll only be losing 0.9% of our profits, which sephora can easily adjust their numbers for to make up that extra percentage."

"good to hear." bella smiles. "oh, just a heads up, mr hoo-"

"calum, just what the fuck do you think you're doing in my office at this ungodly hour?" i snap the moment i set foot in my office. "bella, close the door behind you."

"nice to see you too, miss alvarado." calum chuckles.

"why are you here, i'm not asking again?" i glare.

"numbers, miss alvarado, i need to discuss numbers." he sighed. "well, we need to discuss these numbers with you."

"we?" i question.

"ah, here he is now." calum smiles down at his phone. "hemmings, i'm glad you could join us."

"sorry i'm late, sir, miss." the blonde boy rushed.

"no worries." i smile. "hood, i want an explanation, now. this is all far too sudden for eleven o'clock at night."

"miss alvarado, this is my head of data and analytics, alongside crunching on my numbers in accounting, mr luke hemmings. luke, i'm sure you've heard of miss alvarado and her works?"

"lovely to meet you, miss alvarado." luke smiles, shaking my hand.

"rachel is fine, hemmings." i stared the blond down. "now, calum, about these numbers. i've further analyzed them, and i'm more than sure that luke's already explained to you how drastic the measures are that need to be taken for this matter, correct?"

"yes, mi- rachel." he corrects himself. "mr hood, rachel here may be your largest competitor, but you have no other choice than to go under her funds and partnership until numbers rise and percentages are through the roof. and rachel, my only question for you is how long you suspect for this to take?

"give or take, a year or two's time." i state. "alright then, i'll have files and contract copies printed out for the end of the week, and a press release set for the day after." i state. "we'll be in touch, hood. you're free to leave. hemmings, stay behind, i'd like to have a word with you."

"have a good night, miss alvarado." calum nods. "see you in a bit, hemmings."

"good night, sir." luke nods at his boss as he close the door. "you wanted to speak with me, mi- rachel?"

"how did such a nice boy like you wind up working for a little shit like calum hood?" i laughed.

"cal hired me a long while back." luke smiled. "i only address him as mr hood during professional events. other than that, we've been best friends since we were fourteen."

"how cute." i laughed. "you're a good kid, hemmings. just make sure you know what your getting yourself into before you follow through with it, alright?"

luke nods and smiles. "why do you keep calling me a kid, rachel? calum and i have two years on you."

"it's not a matter of age, hemmings, but a matter of maturity and responsibility." i explain. "at twenty years of age, i'm running my own cosmetics empire. cut me some slack."

"alright then." he laughed. "say, it's late. wanna grab a drink?"