[30]

third person pov

it was in that moment where for the spirit of rachel that was lingering, everything had stopped. it was a great shock to everyone what was being revealed, but it was nothing but the truth. anastasia's tactics when it came to doing her job were some of the best in the business. and jessica, for an estranged reason, had no problem in admitting what she had done.

"and you have zero proof." jessica states. "no officer can take my word for it. besides, i would never admit to such a thing."

"you do realize you have lawsuits filed against you for illegal crimes already." anastasia stated. "if you were to be convicted for something as extreme as attempted murder, you'd find yourself being put behind bars for life. why would you do it?"

"because we can't get caught." kate said quietly.

"we?" crystal stood up. "we? you helped try to kill your own fucking sister!? you psychotic bitch!"

"what has rachel done to you that it would result in you, her stepmother, and you, her own flesh and blood, to fucking try and kill her!?" bella lost her temper. "i should fucking kill you here and now with my own bare hands!"

"ma'am, were going to have to ask all of you to calm down." a nurse approached the group of ladies.

everyone grew silent after that.

"i will put you both away for this, all of it." anastasia said.

something you must never do is underestimate the power of anastasia, because she always has a plan and she always pulls through. she will stop at nothing until she gets what she wants, therefore resulting in her winning her case. meanwhile, four boys all in there young twenties sat before mr alvarado, rachel and kate's father. their father only ever had good intentions, as do each of these four boys when it comes to rachel alvarado. and it was a damn good thing that their father knew that.

"boys, i'm glad you're all here for rachel." mister a spoke. "ashton, michael, how are your mums?"

"they're good, sir." the two boys spoke in unison. "they send their thoughts and prayers."

"thank you." he smiled. "calum? which one of you two are calum and luke?"

"i'm luke, sir."

"and i'm calum, s-sir."

"ah yes, calum, i remember you now." he looked calum on dead in the eyes. "you were at the accident?"

"yes sir." calum responded.

"you know how this happened, don't you son?" he assumes.

"i saw it all, sir." calum responded. "r-rachel was on her way to s-see you, sir. i was to come with her, i was only a few cars behind. then a car p-plowed into her. sh-she went flying a-and-"

calum was once more sobbing as luke pulled him into his chest.

"i couldn't save her." calum sobbed. "i tried to save her, i ran right towards her! they wouldn't let me, they—!"

calum was a complete disaster, though it took no time for him to fall asleep once more in luke's arms.

"i'm really sorry, mr alvarado." luke apologized.

"he loves her, doesn't he?" mr alvarado questioned.

"he loves her with everything he has." luke answered. "calum is stupid, arrogant, and makes a hell of a lot of mistakes. but he's also one of the most loving and caring people on the planet. i've known him since i was fourteen, sir. he wants to do everything in his power to make your youngest daughter happy. he just keeps making mistakes in mix of wanting to be what makes rachel happy."

"something you boys all should keep in mind is that rachel tells me absolutely everything, no matter how good or bad it is." he responds. "which means in the past few months, i know about everything that has happened. something you boys should know is that just as rachel was one her way and being plowed into, i was calling her to tell her to go home. i was already too late."

"you knew something was going to happen?" ashton asked.

"i didn't just know that." he replied. "i know exactly who's behind it. i know who tried to kill my daughter. and that, would be my eldest daughter and my second wife."