[9]

rachel's pov

"rachel?" ashton called as we watched reruns of friends on the television.

"mhmm?" i mumbled as i munched on my popcorn.

"i want to show you something." he said, getting up and walking into the guest room, walking out with a couple of books in his hands.

"are those our high school yearbooks?" i laughed.

"both your copies and mine." he winked.

let me explain something here. sure, i may have graduated early in multiple divisions of education, but i did indeed attend school. all of us in our little clique of different ages; myself, ashton, bella, and michael. crystal joined a couple years back when she and michael started dating. anyway, having been in different years, we always made time for each other. we found each other during bella and mine's freshman year of high school. michael was our senior group leader, and ashton volunteered to get in some university service hours, since he had just graduated. we've been inseparable ever since.

"ashton, i'm not even in any of your yearbooks." i laughed. "if this is to laugh at michael again, then-"

"no, i wanted to point something out from your ninth and tenth year." he explained. "say, calum and luke have accents like mine and michael's. i know they're from back home, but do you happen to know when they first came here?"

"i think calum said when they were fifteen." i assumed.

"well it's a fucking coincidence that they attended the same high school as you when you were in year 9, they were in year 11." ashton said, showing me the picture of the two boys in their homeroom class.

"well would you look at that." i said softly. "oh my god, get rid of these, i looked like such a dork what the actual fuck?"

"you still are a dork, rach." ashton giggled. "you just had a big glow-up moment. just look at the photo bella stuck in on your signing page. you were a cute little nerd, kiddo. i'm gonna stop by your office and pin this somewhere on your wall!"

"no thanks, and besides, now i run a cosmetics empire with calum lingering around like a lost puppy

"no thanks, and besides, now i run a cosmetics empire with calum lingering around like a lost puppy." i sighed. "do you think he remembered me? you know, from high school?"

"with your new look, i doubt it." ashton shrugged. "no offence, rach, but you look like a completely different person."

"none taken." i smiled. "you know ash, i have an idea. i think it's time that my glasses made a comeback. i think that it's time to combine the old rachel with the new one. not nerdy rachel, not CEO rachel, rachel 2.0."