[23]

rachel's pov

a launch party was set up a week later. the holidays were upon us, and we had no time to lose. updates were made to previous collection upon different divisions, yes, and executives under my watch were making the right choices as to what was to be done. but this was for our newest division.

the beautiful & the damned: alvarado x hood.

not only was it the launch of our new products, but added to that a holiday twist.

"you look lovely, miss alvarado." luke smiles as he leaned against my office door frame.

" luke smiles as he leaned against my office door frame

"you don't look to bad yourself, hemmings." i snickered.

"isn't it a tad cold for shorts?" he questioned.

"isn't it easy for me to crack your skull open like i did the glass vases that used to sit on that table?" i pointed out. "exactly. now come on, go find your escort."

"anastasia's coming?" luke's eyes lit up.

"of course she is." i smiled. "she's driving a navy bmw a3, go find her."

"thanks rach." luke smiles, pressing his lips on my cheek  before running out.

the way luke acted towards his feelings for anastasia was delightful. luke was a good man, no matter what anyone chose to believe. he had his morals set straight, and that was important. in my opinion, i feel like that's something calum has failed to do. not that it matters though, i'm not his girlfriend, and never was to begin with. the rose he wanted me to grow versus allow to die was a flower he'd killed on his own, tearing the root of the plant before a single rose bud could even blossom. watching the venue fill out, the party was in full swing. and of course, my business partner was late. though he must have some sort of excuse, i had to get things moving along. taking my place at the podium, luke seated up front on my right, i began. well, that was until calum ran in.

calum's pov

"we can't be late, we just can't!" i rushed out of my mouth as we drove. "god, rachel's going to kill me!"

"calm down calum." mali reassured me. "i'll talk to her if the worst is upon us. i'm sorry we had to go to the walk-in clinic on such short notice."

"it's not your fault, nor hazel's." i sighed. "she had a fever, you needed medicine. everyone's fine now, and we're almost there. i just— fuck, i messed up so badly."

"yeah, we know." mali rolled her eyes.

we pulled up to the venue and made our way inside. at this point, i was running. and when i ran in, rachel had just taken her place up at the podium.

"get moving, hood!" someone called, that being luke. "haven't got all day, mate!"

fucking hell hemmings...