[13]

calum's pov

"give me a second to take this." rachel said rising from her seat to answer her phone, walking away as she spoke.

"i fucked up bad." i rested my face on the table. "how did i not know-"

"that you dated and had snaky shares with rachel's sister kate?" luke finished for me. "gee cal, i don't know? maybe because you never listen to me? ever!?"

"how did you-"

"you put two and two together real fast when you pay attention." luke snickers. "you, in the other hand, are fucking oblivious to anything and everything you do."

"yeah, well-"

"boys, simmer down, would you?" i heard rachel call. "now, where were we? luke, calum, this is anastasia datramano, my most trusted lawyer. ana, luke hemmings and calum hood, my business associates for the lawsuit."

"it's about time you cracked down against the witches for family you have." anastasia laughed. "did you draw up the numbers like i asked?"

"we were just finishing that." luke said. "from what we've drawn up, these are the plans from what's just broken down."

"a loss of 25o-grand." anastasia nodded. "damn hood, you did some real damage here."

"please don't remind me." i ran my hands through my hair, only causing he platinum-blonde to laugh.

"it doesn't seem like it, but there's more behind this head of blonde you know." anastasia tapped at her head. "because without looking at your numbers for a second glance, i know that we can easily succeed and making half a million by winning this lawsuit just from how much you've lost in the past year and a half, almost two."

"legally blonde at its finest." rachel smiles, fist-bumping the lawyer. "now, what happens if we lose the case?"

"they're facing criminal charges by bringing this case on." anastasia explained. "we can't exactly lose. but in the event that we do, we'll only lose $25,000."

"luke, head to the bank and set up an account under alvarado-hood, link this card and deposit $300,000 in the account." rachel said.

"yes ma'am." luke nodded. "it was a pleasure meeting you anastasia, see you at home, cal."

"roommates i swear." i shook my head.

"we've got this babe, don't sweat it." anastasia said to rachel who was writing on papers like a mad woman. "and you! don't use her, or i'll kick your ass in court next!"

"yes ma'am!" i nodded.

"later skaters!" she winked before walking out.

"she's a character." i nodded, sipping at my beer that i'd yet to finish.

"she's the best there is, cal." rachel sighed. "we have a hell of a lot of work to do."

"that's the job of an executive, double will only cause even more trouble for them when we sue." i winked.