[18]

calum's pov

i grabbed her hand, gathered our things (and a luke robert hemmings), and went straight to the car, driving away. rachel was still the one driving.

"calum!" rachel yelled. "what the hell was that?"

"toying with the press." i laughed. "it's funny how flustered they can get, and we're comparing their flustering to mine."

"this is great!" luke cheered. "it's about time calum finds a girl. though i still think you're too good for him."

"hey!" i whined.

"shut up." rachel rolled her eyes. "we're meeting anastasia at lenny's. luke, don't kiss her like calum did to me. you boys have no sense of patience or anything whatsoever."

"he looks like a tomato." i laughed.

"leave him alone!" rachel flicked at my forehead. "we're here. behave yourselves."

we entered lenny's and sat at what was now becoming our usual booth on the second floor. soon enough, anastasia had arrived.

"well done today." she smiled. "though calum, try not to rile the press up too much over gossip. we want them to focus on the lawsuits."

"speaking of lawsuits, rachel, what the hell?" luke said out of nowhere.

"might as well nail them hard while we can." rachel shrugged with a smirk. "besides, kate's going to get charged with accessory charges, a 3% possibility in jail time as well for how many times she's broken in, alongside my step-mother. fuck, i have to call my dad!"

"relax, rach, you have time." anastasia reassured the girl. "now, let's eat, in the order of celebrating the success of today's press conference."

"actually, rachel and i have to go." i say spontaneously. "we're on  a tight schedule, but you two grab lunch, on me."

taking rachel by the arm, i dragged her downstairs and away from the pair. she's giving me a really weird look, and nothing is making me happier to be honest.

"what?" i asked once we got in the car yet again. "we finally got them alone."

"you're a funny friend of his, that's for sure." she laughed. "where to, mr hood?"

"alejandro's." i smiled. "reservation for two under the name hood for 2:30 pm."

"calum thomas hood, just what are you up to?" rachel raised her eyebrow as she drove north towards the restaurant.

"i'm taking you on the date i owe you." i smiled. "even if you're driving. also, i got you a little something."

once rachel parked her car, i walked over to the trunk and opened it, revealing a long white box. inside, it revealed a rose-gold rose.

"a special rose for a special girl." i smiled. "the only question now is, will you let it die or let it grow?"