[31]

calum's pov

i was a mess, a complete mess. but let's go over everything anyway, shall we? now, from the girls' screaming, we've established that jessica and kate were the ones who set up rachel to die. we've also established that i'm completely and utterly in love with rachel. in the past 24-hours, i've cried more than i have in my infant years, and that's a hell of a lot of tears shed.

"calum, she's allowed to have visitors now." crystal whispered to me.

i bolted into her room instantly. there she laid still, covered in scratches and bandages and bruises of all sorts. she was broken, and there would be no justice proven. i sat down next to her bed and took ahold of her hand. i could still speak clearly, but tears still ran freely once more.

"rachel." i whispered. "i'm so fucking sorry baby. i should have kept you for longer. hell, none of this would have happened if i hadn't gotten drunk at the bar. fuck, this is all my fault. rachel, i love you so much. i haven't loved anyone the way that i love you. you're killing me rachel, i can't lose you, i just can't. please come back to me. my sweet rachella, please come back to me. i'm so fucking sorry."

"i swear to god calum, if you call me rachella one more damn time i will kick you so hard in the balls that you'll have to give up walking for good."

rachel's pov

"thank god." his head collapsed atop of the bed.

"dude, stop crying, you're making my head spin." i sighed, only making him laugh. "why are you laughing?"

"because you're still you." he smiled. "rachel, i'm so sor-"

but instead i pulled on the hem of his shirt and allowed his lips to collide with mine.

"did i ever tell you why i was so mad at you?" i asked. "it's because i wondered how the hell a girl like me could have possibly fallen in love so easily only to get hurt within an instant?"

"did i ever tell you how madly in love i am with you?" he asked.

"oh i've heard plenty." i smiled.

"good." he smiles, pecking my lips. "because you're mine, alvarado. we may be head executives, but you're all mine."

"i wouldn't have it any other way, hood." i smiled. "now tell me, who's responsible for all of this shit?"

"take a wild guess, your shot wouldn't be so far fetched." calum sighed.

"nora and kate." i stated, and he nods in agreement. "damn, right on point."

"yeah." he sighed. "ana's working her ass off to fix everything."

"i know she is." i smiled. "but do me favour? tell the doctors that it's too fucking cold in here!"

"yes ma'am."