[12]

rachel's pov

a lump then formed in my throat. i couldn't speak, nor blink, or even breathe for that matter, but then i did.

"not rachella, anything but rachella." i cried out, but then began to laugh.

it was that to which calum looked more dumbfounded than he ever had before.

"why are you laughing?" he asked. "are you- are you crying?"

"tears of laughter, calum." i laughed. "i'm sorry, believe me i'm not laughing at you. it's just the stupid name, i will not ever go by rachella ever again, only kate and my stepmother call me that. so if you're to profess your lo-likeness for me, don't call me rachella."

"okay." calum stifled a laugh. "rachel, i, calum thomas hood, like you. so instead of going along with some roux to keep your competitive family out of our hair, why don't you let me take you on a date instead?"

"i suppose." i shrugged. "but so help me god calum you take me to some goddamn fancy restaurant and not lenny's before we do something, i will in fact murder you with my bare hands."

"yes ma'am." calum nodded. "make a right, you're going to miss the bar."

turns out that calum did in fact shoot luke a text to meet us at lenny's. arriving at the bar, we make our way to the second level and over to the booth that luke is seated at.

"luke, we have a couple of problems." i state. "but first, we need to call in a lawyer."

"what the fuck, why?" luke furrows his eyebrows.

"because we're suing a division of fallon cosmetics, which happens to be someone calum has shares with, krystals&diamonds." i state.

"had, shares with." he corrects. "i have to change all of my account passwords and update that with all of the other companies, for fucks sake man!"

"easy tiger, one thing at a time." luke says. "what do you need me for?"

"we're the brains, luke, remember that." i say, making calum grunt. "oh shush you! we need to strategize how we can regain certain funds utilizing our contract and such."

"how much money are we talking?" luke asks.

"do you really want to know?" calum asks the blonde boy.

"kinda need to so we can plan." luke laughs. "what?"

"luke." i sigh. "it's $250,000 solid."

"holy fuck." his eyes widened. "cal, what did you get yourself into?"

"i don't even know anymore." calum sighed.

"this boy i swear." luke rolled his eyes. "we need to look over the bare minimum of 15 figures to sort this out."

"then let's divide 15 figures." i nodded. "calum needs all the money he can get at this point."

"rachella!" calum shouted, myself sending him a death glare.

"calum, don't start, luke don't you fucking dare ask."