[11]

calum's pov

my heart was caught in the middle of my throat. the alvarado sisters, both rachel and kate, levels of anger rising higher as every moment passed. and with the little histories and business deals and such having been made, i was a nervous wreck sat in the centre of it all.

"you know kate, i'm surprised it took me viewing funds and deals with hood enterprises to figure out that you and our stepmother were scamming calum out of all his money." rachel shook her head. "for shame kate, of all people i thought you would have known better. and to think that you were infatuated with this wonderful young man, yet you went and screwed him over anyway."

"the files show the loss in funds, kate." i spoke up. "either i terminate the contract and you give me all of the money owed, or i terminate the contract, release this to the press, and take you to court."

"you think you're the only one with tricks up their sleeves?" kate asks. "tell me, rachella, did you make sure you found every single camera and not just the microphones?"

both rachel and i suddenly stiffened. what exactly were kate and her stepmother up to? and that's when we knew. she handed us the photo, one from some corner in the room in which i pressed my lips against those belonging to rachel.

"do you honestly believe the press won't go mad over this?" kate smirked.

and that's when i had an idea.

"so i'm not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" i lied. "it's a shame that you think so lowly of me kate. release the photos to the press if you choose, what burden would it do to us? our relationship was established before the conjuring of our own contract anyway, so what would it matter to you?"

rachel was utterly speechless, and i rather it be that way for the time being.

"y-you two, you're a-actually... fucking hell." kate sighed.

"it's fun watching your schemes burn up in flames, sis." rachel laughed, leaning her head on my shoulder, causing shivers to run up and down my spine. "and mother didn't bother to tell you she pulled me from a date with calum just the other night?"

i'm melting inside why?

"pay up or pay up in court kate, or these files get leaked in a press release along a court date." rachel says. "now, we have to go meet luke. cal, did you text him where?"

"does a booth at lenny's sound good?" i suggest.

"text him and let's go." she smiled and sighed. "it was nice seeing you again kate. when you stop by next time, stop by as my sister and not our stepmother's bitch."

and on that note, rachel grabbed me by the hand and dragged me from her office and to her car. "get in, now."

getting into the passenger seat, i looked to rachel in the driver's seat, and she was completely pissed.

"what have you done?" she shook her head as we took off.

"saved both of our asses." i stated.

"by lying to my sister and telling her that we've been dating since before our contract?" her eyebrow rose. "not for anything calum, but the moment i stepped foot into this industry our hatred for each other has been very much mutual."

"and what if it's not anymore?" i asked. "because i certainly don't hate you. do you still hate me?"

"no." she mumbled. "another thing to add, i've been nothing but a bitch to you. how do you, of all people, not hate me?"

"because who you are is one of the many things that i like about you." i stated. "and i really do like you, rachella alvarado."