[37]

calum's pov

today was the day, the day of the big lawsuit. we had this case, everyone knew we did. but we also knew there would be some sort of big twist. so we pulled out the big guns. we had our secret weapon.

"prosecution may now state their case." the judge informed.

anastasia rose and began to take it away. "in the case of hood vs fallon, we have charges laid against mrs jessica fallon-alvarado for a number of fraudulent and unauthorized transactions. alongside that we have accessory charges being laid on miss katherine alvarado for the conjuring of this process. the request is for the money to be reimbursed into mr hood's accounts along with an additional $250,000 in funds that was lost through the cancellation of said contract first set in place."

"the defence may now make their case."

"my clients do in fact plead guilty to the main charges at fault, your honour. however, the accessory charges laid upon miss katherine are to be dropped alongside the additional $250,000 being requested."

"objection!"

"sustained. defence may call one witness to the stand to make their case."

"the defense calls calum hood to the stand."

what?

i went under oath and took my seat. this was not the something we prepared for.

"mr hood, you signed the contract on what terms with krystals&diamonds?"

"whatever is stated on the contract, it's not something i can remember word for word." i stated.

"page 8, subsection 12 your honour." the lawyer gave the judge their evidence. "mr hood, could you please read this line aloud for me?"

"any transactions made under any of the signed off accounts are transactions accounted for and legitimate. what the hell?"

"that will be all, your honour."

"cross examination may now commence."

"your honour, the evidence you were provided with is tampered evidence." anastasia pointed out. "as everyone knows, mr hood sends and keeps all original copies of his contracts in a large safe out on the west coast. i believe page 8 subsection 12 reads something very different, wouldn't you agree, mr hood?"

"yes ma'am." i nodded. "any transactions made under any of the signed off accounts are unauthorized unless signed off upon by mr calum thomas hood himself."

"and adding to the list of charges will be a misdemeanor charge of tampering with evidence."

"the jury votes in favour of the prosecution, the defence all having been booked for 4 months split evenly between the three accused in prison for the one year misdemeanour charge. court adjourned."

we won, and we didn't even use our secret weapon... who didn't even bother to show up, i may add.

where are you rachel?

rachel's pov

"thanks for being that sneaky, luke." i smiled as i closed my computer.

luke had a specific pair of glasses created by some computer company that allowed me to watch the event from my living room. i hate being sick.

"i was more likely to have lung cancer and instead i get pneumonia." i cough. "fuck, i can't even lay down!"

"don't worry rach, you're going to be fine." luke smiled. "i've gotta jet, they're gathering for some victory thing."

"send my congratulations to everyone." i smiled. "bye."

fuck, i really hated being sick. turns out that after a while of smoking on the roof and it having started to rain you could develop pneumonia. i felt like dying, this was just as bad as the car accident. i just hoped calum wasn't mad.

i'm going to attempt to sleep, it'll help if i can, right?

if only...

i could just...

let...

him...

know...