[2]

calum's pov

"0.9% lost and she's already got sephora making up half in less than a week." i sighed. "how does the girl do it?"

"she's got a knack for numbers like i do." luke shrugs. "she graduated early from both high school and university on her math degrees. her chemistry standards just stand within a years training."

"someone's been doing his homework." i laughed.

"we went for drinks the other night, got to talking and stuff i guess." luke shrugged, and for some strange reason, my whole demeanour changed.

"what happened after i left?"

"we just got to talking in her office, wound up at lenny's, and went home." he shrugged. "why— ...cal, are you jealous?"

"of course not." i scoff.

"that's the most bullshit i've ever heard come out of your mouth!" luke jumped. "just admit it man, you like-like rachel. ooh! calum and—"

"don't start, hemmings." i scolded. "go do your job. we have a meeting with your drinking buddy at three, so be ready."

~

"she's never here." i sighed as luke and i entered the building. "give her half an hour at least to arrive from some over-running meeting of some sort."

"dad, i'm telling you, it's not happening!" i heard a sharp voice snap, that belonging to rachel herself. "i don't want what she wants, alright? i'm not turning my own company over to her just to drop to a lower position at her company. she just has to face it, fallon cosmetics isn't what it used to be. i love you too. i don't know about that, alright then, bye now. fucking hell!"

"well wasn't that a show to watch." i snickered at the girl.

"you know, considering your company will falter without my funding, i wouldn't talk right now, nor would i like to be you if you continued to pissed me off right now." she glared.

"hi rachel." luke smiled.

"hi luke." she smiles back.

no thank you.

"is that contract drawn up or what?" i asked.

"i've already signed, all you have to do is sign." rachel said, placing the contract in front of me.

"a new division name?" i questioned, looking over the contract. "the beautiful & the damned; alvarado x hood?"

"i like it." luke shrugs. "a fresh style within the division could up you an extra 3%."

"4.5 if we do things right." rachel corrects. "i've even got a music label tied in that has an artist with an album matching the name. so hood, what's it gonna be? deal or no deal?"

"you have yourself a deal, miss alvarado." i say, signing the contract.

"luke, i'm going to need you to crunch numbers based on separate departments that will be distinguished within the new division, alongside alternate profit possibilities for new products that have yet to be released." rachel commanded.

"you got it." luke flashed his pearly whites. "if you don't mind, i'll be on my way. see you at tomorrow's press release."

"bye luke." we called as the boy ran from the building.

"calum, rules upon the shares within this so-called partnership are very simple." rachel begins. "the shares in profits will go sixty-five towards you and thirty-five towards myself. as for shares in decision, it's forty-nine towards you and fifty-one towards myself, meaning what i say goes."