[17]

rachel's pov

we arrived for the small press conference and waited for the total amount of reporters to arrive, setting up their cameras and such. waiting for the press to prepare themselves, i received update after update on my phone until it was blowing up. kate had done it again, she really knew how to draw attention to things she wanted, and how to mess everything up for me.

"calum, she leaked the photo." i whispered.

"shit." he sighed. "well, i still owe you a date, and i really like you, so why the hell not take it with grain assault?"

"i suppose." i said. "but i have an idea. so you do the majority of the explaining involving the lawsuit and i'll work out the majority with the press."

calum and i took our places upon the stand and prepared to give our all to the press.

"welcome everyone, if you could please take your seats and we'll get started, thank you." i smiled before the cameras. "today's press-conference was called for a specific matter involving hood enterprises, and a more-so family matter upon myself. calum, if you could?"

"on behalf of myself and my company, a lawsuit is being filed against a division under fallon cosmetics, krystals&diamonds, for 15-figures totaling out to $425,000, after a substantial loss of money was illegally retracted from my accounts, along with and additional $250,000 that was pulled from my company's funds after the termination of our former contract."

"and this is alongside a lawsuit of harassment being filed against my stepmother, jessica fallon, for having on multiple accounts, bugging my offices with cameras and microphones and trying to rob me of my company." i state, which in turn retrieves multiple gasps.

"questions will now be answered by miss alvarado and i." calum finally states.

"miss alvarado! mr hood! a photo of the two of you has been leaked all over the media. do you—"

"and that, everyone, is proof of the type of footage in which i am filing my lawsuit for, as this photo was taken by one of the cameras that i've collected as evidence." i state. "i even have proof of my sister, kate alvarado, confronting me about said photo, in which she threatened to leak and did. credit is due where it's due."

"mr hood! miss alvarado! does this clarify you both as the industry's newest power couple?"

"call it what you want, though we have no comment, for now." calum smirked slightly. "now, if you'll excuse us, we have reservations."

fucking hell.