[33]

rachel's pov

songs you wouldn't think would be playing on new year's eve we're playing, but boy did i love them. they played sweater weather by the neighbourhood, drug by simple creatures, even drugs and candy by all time low. really good music, and it all worked with the atmosphere. now, as the bass pumped loudly and there was alcohol coasting through my veins, daddy issues by the neighbourhood played loudly, my hips swaying to its slow but energetic beat.

take you like a drug

the room was hazy and spinning, but i loved the high of it all.

i taste you on my tongue

the one thing i longed for was calum's lips to be attached to mine. but he was with his family, he was happy. i was happy with him being happy.

tell me something and then i'll forget... it's crazy what i'll do for a friend...

we were within the last five minutes of 2018 as the haze continued. i danced around with the boys until i stole crystal from michael and anastasia from ashton so the girls would mess with the boys' heads. it was kind of funny, to be quite honest.

i know how much it matters to you, i know that you've got daddy issues.

sure i don't have issues with my father, but i have issues with the choices he's made over the course of the years that i've lived on this earth. but as the lyrics finally got through to me, i just stopped. then i felt ashton grab me and hold me, because he knew, because he had issues too.

you gotta let it out soon, just let it out.

and i was completely done. ashton has moved along because he was sure i was okay. i wasn't okay, so in the last 2 minutes of the new year i cried. and two new arms wrapped around me as i did, those belonging to luke. but when the last 30 seconds of the year came, he wiped away my tears and made me smiled. we counted it down in the group of friends that we were. happy new year everyone, it's gonna be a rough one...